Scored VELODYNE vLeve's for 22 bucks!

Options
Newegg.com had VELODYNE vLeves on sale for 22 bucks in black and silver. I didn't see why I shouldn't pick them up for that price.
When I get them, I will give them a test and write up my thoughts.

Anyone have a set of these already?
http://velodyne.com/vleve-on-ear-headphones.html
B&W CM9Classé Sigma

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    I bought a pair two weeks ago for twenty w free shipping from Velodyne direct. Sound great for twenty bucks. Enjoy. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    Awesome, glad to hear they're alright.
    If I like them Im going to get order the Vtrue (on sale for 150 right now).
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    Options
    All righty, got my black Friday Vleve's in the mail today.
    I think they have had enough time to burn in.
    Using a apple computer, USB out to a Fiio E07K amp/dac. Using my Murfie.com account to playback music. ( www.murfie.com )
    I threw some lows at them, threw some highs at them.
    They sound great. They are a notch above my Bose TriPorts. They are able to handle bass much better, however the mids on the Bose are better.

I do think that the $199 asking price is too high, maybe 100-120 max.

I did like them so much that I ordered a pair of Velodyne vTrue headphones: http://velodyne.com/vtrue-headphones-forged-aluminum.html
    Found them on on-sale at Amazon.com, being sold by the Velodyne (so warranty applies).

Going to be ordering two more pairs of headphone this year. I was thinking the B&W P7s and the Audio-Techinca ATM-50. I was also thinking about add the matching desktop amp to my cute little Fiio.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    Options
    I got the vTrue's today, im going to post some pictures because they look even better in person. They are playing back music now, I will most likely mention what I think of them when they had some time to break in.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    Options
    Here little collection of headphones.
    I did a side by side comparison of the vLeve, vTrue, Bose, and Logitcech for size.

s6ln87ga6pou.jpg
    zijzq9e81pzo.jpg
    x7ivz3s59izc.jpg
    cerkb7ezcq2w.jpg
    jzes1dzvrr28.jpg
    ayd7p2gv0b2x.jpg
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    The Velodyne have a real nice look to them. your as bad as me about collecting headphones.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • RamZet
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    The Velodyne have a real nice look to them. your as bad as me about collecting headphones.

I just started on the 30th. I always wanted some and I have read a ton of reviews, however I never pulled the trigger till now.
    I think two more large pairs and then Im going to try a few in ear.
    I like the look/reviews on shure and audio-technica ( and I own their products already).
    The Logitech G35's I got a few years ago for gaming and the Bose I have had for almost a decade.

Cant wait for my Fiio Desktop AMP!
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    edited December 2014
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I've yet to try a headphone as lightweight and comfortable as the Senn 598. I'd recommend checking out at least one pair of Senn's.

We get a lot of Senns at my office ( dealers). I really like the Sennheiser Momentums. They sound just like the B&W P7s (did a side by side test and I could tell the difference in sound). Only difference is that I think the B&Ws feel better on my ears. I will at some point buy a pair I just dont know when. They are very attractive too.

sdjuaijrkkpl.jpg

Edit*
    I see that the Momentum line has been updated to feature over the ear and on ear. I will need to look at them again and see if the driver has changed as well as sample another pair. This is very cool. Price has changed too ( and as a dealer I get 50% off ^_^ )
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    Options
    I was playing with these at my office last week, I didn't like them one bit.
    However they are aimed at TV audio use.
    (RS 220)

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audiophile-headphones-wireless-digital-rs-220
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • voltz
    Options
    I have the RS 160s cordless (very good) MY sister stole them :) and so I got me a & the RS 180 Cordless (very very good sound) which I use in my bedroom TV setup. I have a pair of SENN 598's which I really liked a lot until I tried some SENN HD 650's which are my favorite now and all I listen to except now and then some singers voice sound better on the 598's...
    have some Grado RS2i's collecting dust along with HIFiMan HE 400's (to big & bulky for me but excellent sound)

RZ if you where ever interested in my Grado or HiFIMam's or my 598's I'd box them up and send them to ya - let you try them 1st then if you really like them cut you a super sweet deal on them and if you didn't it would only cost ya shipping cost to send back :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• voltz
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes! and maybe a touch better cause of a slight better fit but the ear cups look identical except the color, though not as good looking cans as the 598's. The upper cushion on the 650's looks cheaper but actually fits better cause of a slight notch in the center.

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2014
    Options
    RamZet wrote: »
    I was thinking the B&W P7s and the Audio-Techinca ATM-50. I was also thinking about add the matching desktop amp to my cute little Fiio.
    The updated ATM-50x limited edition version in blue/tan is the set I was thinking of for my everything-on-the go closed back set. However, everytime I research these there is always someone saying there are better out there like the ATH-A900x, Beyerdynamic DT-770-PRO-32, Senn Amperior, JBL S700, etc. I just need to go and listen to some of these others before I decide. Need to make it over to the Guitar Center.

Anyway, the Black and White 50x just went off for sale at $119.
    http://slickdeals.net/f/7496042-audio-technica-ath-m50x-professional-headphones-w-detachable-cable-119-free-shipping
    More sales will come up in Jan-Feb.

DSkip wrote: »
    I've yet to try a headphone as lightweight and comfortable as the Senn 598. I'd recommend checking out at least one pair of Senn's.
    Those 598's are nice...those might be my first open back set.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • RamZet
    Options
    Thank you for the offer, however I want to build my collection first before branching out. I also don't know how I feel about used head gear. I'm the same guy who won't buy a used phone from eBay b.c. it was on somebody's face.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • voltz
    Options
    yep didnt think about that part, makes a lot of sense. wonder if they sell many new ear cups for them LOL.

• RamZet
    Options
    Vtrue headphones are awesome, not $400 awesome but definitely the $150 I paid for them awesome.
    Bass is great, mids could be better, highs are good.
    I'm playing around with different types of music, haven't decided what I will use them for.
    But I would 100% recommend them to anyone with 150 bucks to blow.

I also got a pair of B&W P7s.
    They are also in that 400 dollar price range. Again I think anything over 250 is nuts for headphones, but I would recommend these to anyone looking to get serious headphones, even at 400 bucks.
    These are a flag ship headphones from B&W and knock performance out of the park. Bass, mids, and highs are all there. They fit nice and fold away for traveling too.

B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Velodyne Vtrue on sale today for $89.99 @ Newegg. Seem like a well reviewed set for that cheap of a price. Happy New Year!
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • RamZet
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Velodyne Vtrue on sale today for $89.99 @ Newegg. Seem like a well reviewed set for that cheap of a price. Happy New Year!

89.99!

NICE, I paid 150 at amazon.

I would also like to note that I plugged mine into the desktop amp and they sound much better vs. the portable amp. I guess they want all the power. The more I use them the more I like them.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Just ordered me a pair
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    How are the AT in ears, they have lots of them here in Okinawa between 20-60 bucks, all made in Japan, not sourced. Would love to know which models come better recommended.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA