rtia9

which is the best av receiver for rti a9

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    The Pioneer Elite SC series, but even they will not drive the 9's to their full potential.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    What the previous poster means is, you really should have a separate amp driving those 9's. Which means you need a receiver with preouts to even be able to add an amp. Depending on budget, we can't really make a suggestion without knowing.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    If you looking for AVR with pre-outs you may want to check out Accessories4less as they have some refurb's for really nice prices.
    here is a nice one for not alot $$
    http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr5008/marantz-sr5008-7.2-network-home-theater-receiver-with-airplay/1.html
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • I had an Elite Pioneer AVR, Yamaha RXA, and also Yamaha RXV model amp. I was quite happy when I bi-amped them with the RXV. It was night and day difference over the Pioneer. I like both Pioneer and Yamaha so I am not brand biased. However, like many say it is true they are power hungry. I am now running RXA-1010 as a preamp to an Emotiva XPA-2 feeding 500 watts to each. This doesn't mean you can't be happy with just a good receiver it just depends on your expectations, room size, or what you expect out of them. If you just want a good sounding experience in a relative size room OK but, to make them shine a dedicated amp just for them will bring them to a whole new life.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Lets look at it this way....

Why would anyone spend good coin on a set of speakers and NOT want to use them to their full potential ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    A9's. The more power the better. Tony is spot on. Be careful on the volume when using the A9's with an AVR. With proper amplification, source and pre or AVR; they sound very good.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • To be on the safe side , 200 watts minimum is usually recommended, but there are a few exceptions that would depend on the build quality of the amplifier.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Just to add to this as I have a pair of RTiA9's for 2 years now.
    I have a Nad C275bee (2X150W) amp fed from a Yamaha RX-A3010 and for my size room they do just fine.
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein