VMPS Original Passive Subwoofer

Options
This is one of the rare VMPS passive subs with a 12" driver and 12" bottom slot loaded passive radiator. All drivers are in excellent condition. When I bought the sub, I took the driver and passive out to inspect them. Then I emailed Brian at VMPS and he confirmed they are original. He told me the exact amount of putty to tune the passive radiator and it sounds fantastic.

The driver is a dual 4 ohm voice coil, so it has flexible wiring options. I currently run it at 8 ohms with 470 watts. This sub is a very musical sub, but also works great for H/T.

Local pick-up only in Hickory NC 28601. It is hooked up so it can be auditioned.

I just want it to go to a good home where it can be appreciated as a fine audiophile subwoofer. $125 local pick-up, or I can meet at a reasonable distance.

Pictures coming soon...

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! Thats a deal on this baby!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Get drivin' Dan!

*enabler mode off
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Get drivin' Dan!

*enabler mode off

LOL... yeah about that....

I figured you were gonna go there...

#audiophileroadtrip

@ZLTFUL‌, aint gonna happen

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Wow, that's a sweet bargain at that price. If this VMPS sub is anything like my Larger series, these things are built rock solid and like a piece of beautiful furniture. Can't wait for pics, unless it sells before you get a chance to post them,lol.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    FYI I am guessing its simlar to this example (which uses 15" drivers not the 12" in this listing)

Also these are EXAMPLES but NOT PICTURES OF THE ACTUAL SUB FOR SALE....

744760-pair_of_vmps_215_15_passive_subs.jpg

744759-pair_of_vmps_215_15_passive_subs.jpg

744761-pair_of_vmps_215_15_passive_subs.jpg
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,045
    Options
    It looks nothing like those pictures. That is a picture of the VMPS 215.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    You couldn't have put this up when I lived in Wilkes, could you?!? ;) GLWTS smoking deal.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,397
    Options
    Hello, Eric. Which sub is this again? If it is the larger, I'll take it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Not the larger. This is the original, sometimes called smaller. I will post a picture soon...
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Here is the model, but not my actual unit:

cvs01nisckqc.jpg

8ni2ye8nmgqw.jpg

• treitz3
    Options
    Thanks, Eric. I will pass on this one. Lookin' for the Larger.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Here are some pictures of my actual VMPS subwoofer:

0g9gvjwvn9hd.jpg

0you7g5ktxqx.jpg

rku1tmaf9aw8.jpg

832b492ck0i4.jpg

Here is the 12" passive radiator:

067biu5e2oov.jpg

• Conradicles
    Options
    Bump for a fantastic classic subwoofer.
  • EndersShadow
    edited December 2014
    Options
    GOOD LORD GUYS this is STILL HERE??????

I've got friends in Asheville that I may have to get this for me and then bring it up with them at this rate lol...

For giggles what are the spec's on this sub?
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Dan- I'd be willing to get it for you and hold till you make another trip this way.
    -
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• EndersShadow
    edited December 2014
    Options
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    Dan- I'd be willing to get it for you and hold till you make another trip this way.
    -

I've been tempted a couple times by this, but I've got some other stuff to take care of. May contact you if its still around, but my buddy in Asheville comes up to visit his parents (my boss) fairly often........

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    Options
    IF you still have this in January I might drive up there for it. Can not believe this has not sold already though.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Specs are pretty difficult to find online for this model.
    Height = 27.5"
    Width = 16.5"
    Depth = 16.5"
    Weight = Not sure, I have no scales at home LOL.

Currently it is wired for 8 ohms. It has a dual 4 ohm voice coil woofer.

At this time I run about 470 watts to it and that seems perfect for this sub. However I have tried as little as 150 some time ago with a plate amp and it did a good job. I think I read it is very efficient, around 91 dB but I am not 100% certain of that.

This would make a sweet 2-channel sub with some vintage polkaudio monitors.

Also note I have some new black grill cloth for this that I won as a karma a while back from John if the dark brown grill cloth does not match your decor.

In no hurry to sell this...have a closet I can store it in when I hook up my new 18" sub.

• EndersShadow
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well if Santa is nice to me and I take care of some other obligations with enough left over..... I may snag this.... I think it would go GREAT with my RTA 11TL's and maybe even the Infinity RS-II's I've got...

I tried to get Ryan to talk me out of it.... but I've got the audio shakes and there is normally only ONE cure......
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    ^ yeah go get it on with the wife and remember you enjoy it and don't want to do without for the next few months.......
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,574
    Options
    Enders...I would think those Infinity's would need no help.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Enders...I would think those Infinity's would need no help.

But its me :wink:. Its not the Infinities its the fact I have a loft thats open in the back, and on one side. Thinking its going to be hard for just about ANYTHING to load the room.

That said I have a UMIK USB mic, and REW on my laptop so I will be running some sweeps to tweak things setup wise, so we shall see...

I can tell you they were VERY clear for the second or two I really got to turn em up to about 9 on the dial.

Also the preamp I've got is remarkably quiet. I cant wait till I get it setup with remote volume control.

• mccarty250
    Options
    Actually the RSII's make it down to 38hz and sub supplementation on them helps a lot believe it or not. They're not as bass heavy as you would think they would be with the dual 10's. The bass that they have is however tight.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Hey man, if no one has laid claim to this.....I'll go ahead and take it off your hands. It may not be a "Larger" but it seems that my new dedicated listening room could use a little bit more pressurizing. Just LMK.

We can meet up like we usually do, if you would like.

Tom
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Sounds good Tom. I shoot you a PM and we can work out the details. Thanks.
  • Conradicles
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Conradicles
    edited December 2014
    Options
    triple post lol
  • Conradicles
    Options