Preamp is Blowing Fuses

Options
Thought I had a rectifier tube gone bad when the fuse blew in my preamp. Replaced the tube and also put in a HiFi Tuning fuse. Tried to power up and promptly blew the new fuse. Crap! it wasn't cheap. Now I'm in troubleshooting mode. Any ideas?
SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Could be anything, bad tranny, bad cap, a short. Do a really good visual inspection. If you don't see anything obvious it's probably time for a trip back to Modwright, although you might try calling them first.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I sent Dan Wright an email. He thinks bad tranny as he's seen it a couple of times on my model preamp. Guess I'll be sending it in.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    That was my first suspect.......damn I'm good.......LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk