All Narural Pet Food for our furry friends!

Options
Hey Everyone,

Being a big animal lover I've always been picky as to what my guys are fed. I've tried various so called "Premium" dog foods but was always worried about the actual quality & the always looming worry about recalls that you would probably never know about. There's a lot of shady practices going on out there in the pet food industry!!

In my relentless search I came across a company called "Life's Abundance". I liked what I read & gave them a try. Their products are not sold in stores, strictly online ordering & delivered fresh to your door.

One of the selling points for me is their formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks, DVM a well renowned Holistic vet who won't settle for second best. Another great thing that I love about the company is there giveback to the welfare of animals. A portion of every sale goes directly into Dr. Jane's Foundation which gives out grants to shelters & rescues across the country. It's a nice feeling that you're helping those needy organizations.

I loved the products so much as did my two rescued Pits Miya & Watson that I actually became a distributor close to a year ago. I've had great success with the line & really enjoy talking to pet parents. I wanted to give it some time before posting here...I wanted to have complete confidence in the company, which I certainly do.

So, if you'd like please visit my website & check out the products line, read about the company & Dr. Jane's Foundation. I think you'll like it.
5aenctezakt2.jpg

www.BestDarnPetFood.biz

If you have any questions fire away!jsfpiotpdf4x.jpg

"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Cool, I'll check it out . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Great...thanks! We also have a fantastic fund raising program for Churches, Schools, Organizations...etc. Any questions just let me know.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nice, my wife is on the local dog park board, the park is supported and maintained by fund raisers. I have both of my dogs on an almost 100% natural pet food diet.

We will check it out, thanks for the heads up.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Is it "grain" free?

Our two dogs are allergic to grains and I see its also

• No corn or corn glutens
    • No wheat or wheat gluten

But I didnt know if that meant there were NO GRAINS or not...

Otherwise it might be a viable alternative for my wife and I and save us trips to PetsMart since we'd likely setup autoshipments....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Nice, my wife is on the local dog park board, the park is supported and maintained by fund raisers. I have both of my dogs on an almost 100% natural pet food diet.

We will check it out, thanks foe the heads up.

If your wife has any questions about the program, I'd be more than happy to speak with her. Shoot me a PM if interested.
    Is it "grain" free?

Otherwise it might be a viable alternative for my wife and I and save us trips to PetsMart since we'd likely setup autoshipments....

Ender, the food is not "Grain Free". Our formulator Dr. Bicks, DVM who is a well respected holistic vet here in the US believes that Brown Rice & Oat Groats are very important ingredients in her formulas. On the website she explains why she uses those specific ingredients. The whole term "Grain Free" was pretty much a flavor of the month type of hype and all companies came out with their Grain Free foods to jump on the band wagon. If a pet is allergic to "Grains" you can pretty much bet it's going to be Wheat, Corn, & Soy. Brown rice & Oat Groats don't fall into that category.

Another great feature of the website is that you can email Dr. Bicks or other Vets & they will get back to you explaining why they include certain ingredients & exclude others. Dr. Bicks is very, very particular with her formulas. Thanks, Phil
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Great looking dogs! I love pits, so smart and affectionate, with each other and their families.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    Is it "grain" free?

Ender, the food is not "Grain Free". Our formulator Dr. Bicks, DVM who is a well respected holistic vet here in the US believes that Brown Rice & Oat Groats are very important ingredients in her formulas. On the website she explains why she uses those specific ingredients. The whole term "Grain Free" was pretty much a flavor of the month type of hype and all companies came out with their Grain Free foods to jump on the band wagon. If a pet is allergic to "Grains" you can pretty much bet it's going to be Wheat, Corn, & Soy. Brown rice & Oat Groats don't fall into that category.

Another great feature of the website is that you can email Dr. Bicks or other Vets & they will get back to you explaining why they include certain ingredients & exclude others. Dr. Bicks is very, very particular with her formulas. Thanks, Phil

Thanks Phil, we may pass. Our two dogs went to a vet we trust (my sis works for him) and we were told the reason they were underweight and having skin problems was due to being allergic to grains. They were always chewed on their paws and our terrier couldn't put on weight to save his life.

We have since moved to using Wellness brand - original grain free formula. Our dogs have no skin issues anymore and are both maintaining a healthy weight.

I will do some additional digging and whatnot, but thanks for getting back to me.

And PS your dogs look very happy and well fed!

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the link Phil. Your right too, a lot of shady practices going on in the pet food industry, just like the human food industry. I used to use Innova until they sold out, now I use a grain free Fromm. You really need to read labels much like you do for your own food.

With dogs though, food allergies can be the number one reason for most health issues....and the same goes for humans. I always supplement with whole human foods like chicken or turkey, raw bones, cottage cheese, add some egg every so often or an olive oil, flaxseed oil for heart health and coat. Stay away from the grains like Phil mentioned, the wheat/corn/soy....which btw is whats given to farm animals to fatten them up. Regular dog food is the equivalent to fast food in the human world.

Yes, the better pet foods are more expensive, same with the better human foods. Our dogs are members of our family though, our kids, wouldn't you want the best for them anyway ?

BTW, your local butcher is a great source for raw bones, unlike the crap they sell at pet stores.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable