Dskip, just for you!!

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Crap. I do not have an account on there. I signed up but it wont let me pm yep. Shoot. I would take them. Hes asking 1700 or best. Do you have an account on there to send a message?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    I've been at A/C a long time. Would you like me to contact the seller ??
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good price gents for a good speaker, and Ern.....for your small room these would be perfect. Go grab these.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    Pumpkinman, yes please. I will shoot you a PM.

This kind of concerns me on the speaker though "that is if your listening room is the appropriate size and/or you don't require extremely loud dynamics. "

Skip or anyone, any idea if this means they wont go loud? Sometimes ( like we all do) I just want to rock out with some Rush or UFO. While I do still care about the sound when kicking it up, I still want to kick it up. Even with that small room on the legacy's I have hit 100+ watts on the 402. heck with the LSI9's I have hit over 100 watts on them.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Thanks skip that makes complete sense. Any smaller speaker ( outside of the 9's) when kicked without a sub is going to compress! I would cross them over around 50 or 60 to prevent that. When the seller listed it how they did, it made me worry a bit. Heck even the reviews I read on the PM1 say the same without a sub but with and crossed over, allows them to be more dynamic when kicked up.

I saw people talking about the 2's and some of the pics. Like the mmicro one on steroids! They look sharp.
  • erniejade
    Yep Evolution Acoustics MMMicroones and stands .

Pumpkinman Thank you again for sending the 411. I shot you a PM with my email and phone number.
  • pumpkinman
    I sent him a PM so let's see if he replies ??
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• erniejade
    Thanks!!!!
  • erniejade
    He emailed and I have responded. I am waiting on a reply back.
  • marvda1
    i was tempted!!!
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    He is getting me a shipping quote.

BTW Thank you all for the help! This is what this place is all about.

• Mystery
    Mystery Posts: 2,546
    nice looks.

Klipsch RB81, KG3.5, B&W DM602.5, Polk.
    Subwoofers: Klipsch RW10, Triad ProSub Bronze.
  • pumpkinman
    Sweet !!! when do I get to come over LOL

yngiribjzigv.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• erniejade
    Anytime! As many as we can pile into the 10X11 room LOL Payment has been sent. He will be shipping I think tomorrow. I am excited to hear them and see how they do in this room.
  • tonyb
    You snagged them Ern ? Man, I'm jonesin' for ya bro. Hope they work well in that room of yours. Pretty sure they will anyway. Let us know your impressions after you change your shorts a few times.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pumpkinman
    Great !!! I hope they work out well for you. B)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• erniejade
    Thanks I do aslo or at least hold me over for 4-5 years till I have a bigger room back. Or if they are as good as what I keep reading, I can just keep the small room.

Now I need to figure out, what tap to put them on? They are rated at 6 ohm. The McIntosh has 8,4,2 ohm taps. My guess is 8 but, Im not sure.

• pumpkinman
    My Vandersteen's are 6 ohm and they say to use the 4 ohm tap.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Can we change the title of this thread to "erniejade, just for you!!"?

Congrats man. Never heard them, but I trust Marvin and Skip...plus they appear to be a beautiful pair of speakers.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1
    don't I get a 10% finders fee?
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    LOL thanks everyone. Marvda, if I was around you or skip I would be buying dinner or at least the 1st round of drinks LOL.

I saw the way they are packaged, Its not a cardboard box. Its a wooden crate. Skip, if you were here, the looks on our faces,I would need the help to move the 120 lb crate just for the stands!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Ernie... your in the Chicago area right hehehe........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    Yep! 2 towns over from Rich actually. Portillos right up the street also.
  • marvda1
    come on down for the lone star audio fest next year and can buy those drinks.
    Puritan PSM156
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hehehe.... then your within visiting distance YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

PS those puppies look sick. I've got a few bookies on my want to buy list and those may need to be added.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Congrats on the new speakers Ernie! Beautiful finish and great sound!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Congrats Ernie!! Marvda has a bad habit of making people spend money but I think you won't regret it :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonyb
    Now pair those baby's with that new Parasound integrated and that little room of yours will become your Howard Hughes hideout.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    LOL Tonyb. That Parasound looks like it would be one heck of a combo but, hard to give up my 110 lb monster McIntosh mc402. I like looking at the VU's. Put some VU;s on the Parasound and I'm sold! LOL

They should be here tomorrow. I am hopping I can make it home in time to sign for them. I might need to take off a little bit early from work. .. Who am I kidding I am going to take off early from work LOL.
  • tonyb
    Yeah, I forgot you had that monster Mac in the mix. Anyway....I don't see you coming out of that room for awhile. Food will be shoved under the door, empty bucket to crap in, you won't shower for days. Family members will think you left and joined the circus. You may even fake Ebola to be quarantined to that room for 3 weeks. Happy listening bro, and let us know how it works out....after you shower of course.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's