speaker suggestion for RTi8

I fiund a fantastic deal on a pair of Rti8's that i couldnt pass up. I want to use them as the front speakers for a 7.1 theater . My room is wired for floor standing sepakera and all others are wired for in ceiling. I wanted to get opinions on what I should use for center and in ceiling speakers. Im totally lost with all the selections out there. And I would like to keeo it as inexpensive as possible . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I use the csi5 with my rti8's, now you can get the csi3 but its not as good as it doesnt integrate as well with the little drivers. You can pay more and also go for a csi a6, same speaker but new look and tiny improvement. It will not look as good as sticking the the older rti csi for though. Great system once in place and my favorite set out of all the high end goodies I have had when it comes to video games at a moderate volume level.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Welcome to Club Polk,

Try to find the rest of the speakers in the same series. the csi 3 or 6 and the fxi 3 or 5s.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • I use the csi5 with my rti8's, now you can get the csi3 but its not as good as it doesnt integrate as well with the little drivers. You can pay more and also go for a csi a6, same speaker but new look and tiny improvement. It will not look as good as sticking the the older rti csi for though. Great system once in place and my favorite set out of all the high end goodies I have had when it comes to video games at a moderate volume level.

Thank you. I didn't even think of the csi5. I read some reviews and seems to be a good center. I just found it on ebay for $233 and it is sold by polk.

Any suggestions on in wall speakers?

• cfrizz wrote: »
    Welcome to Club Polk,

Try to find the rest of the speakers in the same series. the csi 3 or 6 and the fxi 3 or 5s.

Thank you!

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited October 2014
    I have the RTI8 with CSi5 and use in ceiling TC80i for front high and rear with a Sony STR-DA5700ES receiver. sounds awesome.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited October 2014
    I love the slam from the csi5
  • What’s currently the best center-speaker and subwoofer to match my RTi8 floor speakers?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    The CSi3 (smaller) and CSi5 (larger) were the matching centers for the RTi8. They were replaced with the CSiA4 and CSiA6 with updated curved cabinets. They are all out of production, but they would all be timbre matched to the RTi8, if you could find them used. I don't think anything in Polk's current lineup would match perfectly. I'll let someone who has heard the current lineup give suggestions, but the RTi line was considered bright on the top end.

Subwoofer... you'll be asked about your budget and purpose: HT or Music.

I own the RTi8s, a CSi5 center for home theater and love them. HSU Research is what I use for a sub.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    That is a sweet deal... Used prices
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.