It's ALIVE

Options
ntculenuff
ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
i just finaly got off my arse and went and bought a db reader from radio shack and finished calabrating my ht. i purchased the Avia ht guide about a year and half ago did the video and stopped there. why oh why did i wait so long to finish.
i have never heard my toys sound so alive, it was like having a new system. according to the guide i turned my subs down a little over half of what they were at , i turned them up just a touch but no where near where they were. brought all my speaks up to the same db level and changed my center from large to small. all i can say is i felt like frankenstein when i cranked it up. my baby was pushing the sound barrier YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA.
my first test after the adjustments was the new THX lead on PM, thats when i decided the subs were to low even the wife agreed and she always felt there was a little to much bass. after a little playing with those replayed the lead a few times and nothing but :D:D .
then we just received pearl harbor in the mail. great special effects sound every where, a little long and had to change disc:mad: didnt like that at all, but the movie wasnt to bad. the point is my HT blew me away once again.
there are some cool sound test on the avia guide. the rolling pink noise and the sine wave listened to those just for fun and the frequency countdown coooool:cool: 180hz down to 20 wooooohooo what fun. cant wait to watch a movie today
Speakers:
Definitive BP7001sc mains
Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
Polk RT800i's rears
Definitive supercube I Sub
Audio:
Onkyo TX-NR3010
Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
Video:
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
OPPO BDP-103 Bluray