PSW 12 no sound

Hello,

I've stopped receiving any sound from my PSW 12 subwoofer. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer Elite vex-82txs. I've double and triple checked the wiring and everything is connected properly. The receiver seems to recognize the subwoofer just fine. Also, the LED light is green. I have the cable connected to LFE, but I've also tried the line-in connections with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James

Comments

• Re-calibrate the AVR - set it up again and make it send test tones to the sub.

Turn the sub off, then all the way to the on position, then back to auto. My sub makes me do this when using the auto function or else it just won't play thinking its off.

Switching from lfe to line connections might have changed some setting like switching a tv from hdmi to red/white/yellow cables. For some reason the system might read them differently so a re-calibration might do some good. Make sure you lfe is in the red RCA.

Take the cover off the sub, evenly place your fingers around the cone, not on and gently push in the woofer. If the woofer is smooth you're good, if the woofer scratches and makes rough sounding noises, it's blown.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    You used the High Level inputs to your amp L/R directly? Did you also play something with low frequencies, below whatever you have the sub-cut off on the PSW12 set at?

If so. Your amp or speaker is toast! Need to take off that plate amp and look inside.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • The speaker just doesn't stop playing for no reason, without a pop or something significant, for you to say it's blown. I have this same speaker ten years now and it has happen to me twice and it still plays great. Take the amp panel off and find the in-line fuse. It's probably blown. Take it out and replace it with the exact fuse number and size. This is written on the side on the metal tip. If u go with a lower fuse it will blow more frequently and a higher fuse you will cause severe damage to the amp and speaker. After my warranty ran out I just took it apart I did the work my self. That fuse is no more then $3.00, good luck.