Grills on lsim 707 fall off

polkman1981
polkman1981 Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Customer Service
When watching movies that have alot of bass the grills on my lsim 707's fall off. Any suggestions?

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Set your 707's to small and let the sub handle the bass.

Remove the grills when watching movies.

Use industrial Velcro to attach the grills.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Wouldn't setting them to small take away from what they can do?
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    They look great with the grills off....love that array....
  • F1nut
    Wouldn't setting them to small take away from what they can do?

It would roll of the bass below 80Hz (if that is where you set the crossover point) to the sub and may actually improve the mids/highs of the 707's. What are you powering them with?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I'm using a Yamaha rx-a3030bl receiver as a preamp with a b&k reference 7250 series 2 amp
  • F1nut
    Ok, you should be good on power. Anyway, try setting them to small, crossed at 80Hz and see what you think.

President of Club Polk

• Ok. I'll try it and see. I have the 706c center and have that set to large as well. I'm using an m&k mx100 sub for now