NAD 7175PE 2-channel receiver

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,195
edited August 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've been thinking about this for some time. I bought this about 4 years ago to use in my computer rig. At that time I had an OTA antenna and a turntable as part of my rig. Yes, it was overkill, but I enjoyed it. For the last two years in my new house, I haven't had an antenna to hook to it (in the basement with very poor FM reception), and I'm not using a turntable with my computer rig anymore. So, it really is a waste of a fine receiver.
I've decided to go back to using one of my simple modded Accurian amps for the computer for now.

This 7175PE is in very good shape, everything works as it should. I went through it with Deoxit when I first picked it up. The tuner works very well (if you don't live in a valley and then put it in the basement!) but the memory capacitor only holds for a few days. Typical of this era. Not really a bid deal since it only has 5 presets anyway. Cosmetically, it is in very good shape, just a few scratches on the top edges like most NAD of this era. I don't have the original pre out/in jumpers, but I will include a short set of RCA's if needed. Most recommend to upgrade from the original metal jumper pins anyway.

The 7175PE was NAD's top of the line in the late 80's. It took their best tuner and put it with their best amp section and best preamp section. It has NAD's version of the Schotz noise reduction circuit just like the 4155. In fact, its like they took the full 4155 tuner board and put it on top of the 3155 integrated amp (and then upped the power). This little receiver is rated at 75w into 8ohms, but with the Power Envelope, it can drive just about any set of speakers to very loud, clean levels. I think the dynamic power is well over 300w/channel. It can handle 4 ohms speakers as well.

I'd like $150 plus shipping.

I will try to get some good photos tonight, but in the meantime, here are some scans of the original brochure:

NAD7175BrochuePage1.jpg~original
NAD7175BrochuePage2.jpg~original
NAD7175BrochuePage3-4.jpg~original
NAD7175BrochuePage5.jpg~original
NAD7175BrochuePage6.jpg~original
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments