Polk Audio PSW110

Options
ranj
ranj Posts: 11
I own a Marantz SR5008, with 2 TSX440t speakers. I'm looking at buying the PSW110 subwoofer. I don't know what sort of cable to buy for the hook up. What spec's am I looking for when buying the cable please?
Post edited by ranj on

Comments

• felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Look for a well shielded RCA cable if that AVR has a sub out. Measure the length from the AVR to the sub and add about a ft to that length and that's how long the cable should be. Look for one that has an all copper core center conductor. I use a diy cable for my sub...works great:-). Remember as long as its well shielded and an all copper core center conductor you should be fine. Hope this helps.
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Most all RCA cables these days are shielded. Measure how long you need and add a few feet in case you have to move the sub around then call up BJC or Signal cable and order one. They are fairly cheap and if you tell Frank at Signal cable your a member here, he may give you a 20% discount.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ranj
    edited August 2014
    Options
    felipe wrote: »
    Look for a well shielded RCA cable if that AVR has a sub out. Measure the length from the AVR to the sub and add about a ft to that length and that's how long the cable should be. Look for one that has an all copper core center conductor. I use a diy cable for my sub...works great:-). Remember as long as its well shielded and an all copper core center conductor you should be fine. Hope this helps.

Should it be a single rca cable, with one yellow plug at each end?, my avr has a sub out.
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yep a single RCA cable. Again make sure its shielded. You would plug one end to the sub out on the receiver and the other end to the input on the sub ( for_the psw110 it would be either the left or right input ). This is if your receiver has a single sub out. If you want more output you can use a female to male y adapter to utilize both inputs on the sub.
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• ranj
    edited August 2014
    Options
    felipe wrote: »
    Yep a single RCA cable. Again make sure its shielded. You would plug one end to the sub out on the receiver and the other end to the input on the sub ( for_the psw110 it would be either the left or right input ). This is if your receiver has a single sub out. If you want more output you can use a female to male y adapter to utilize both inputs on the sub.

Cool thanks really appreciate the advice
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ranj wrote: »
    Should it be a single rca cable, with one yellow plug at each end?, my avr has a sub out.

The color of the ends matter zip. Could be pink, doesn't matter.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable