Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited December 2018
    Yea my Cowboys sure looked liked they were trying to find a way to blow it in that game, but came through in the end.

The Redskins don't have a quarterback to replace the one they lost.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Man this Monday nighter is hard to watch ... zzzzzzz
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    More officiating BS... that missed call on the pole vault over the line of scrimmage on the blocked field goal is the difference in this one.... had the Vikings been awarded that 15 yard penalty and the ball, they may have been able to get something on the board.

Instead that call was the momentum shift and the wheels came off shortly after. The Vikings suck, no doubt, but the officials in this game should be looking for new jobs.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That missed blatant facemask on the ball carrier. I forget who had the ball now but the runner got tackled by the defender grabbing his facemask and turning his head back and down.

It happened in another game this weekend. The camera filming the run or screen or whatever it was, had the ball carrier busting through the line and the ref was 1/2 way to the ball carrier LOOKING AT THE ACTION and could see the facemask tackle as clear as we did but somehow didn't see it or didn't want to call it maybe?

I've heard a long time ago refs are reviewed on their performance by some review board. Especially if a coach demands the reviews of some calls made or NOT MADE.

I know it's still better than years ago during that ref strike. Those games were painful to watch to say the least!!!

It's almost like watching Washington DC's elected officials making comments about this or that while ignoring their own parties this or that. I'm thinking...don't you see we're watching you and you still can't do your job when there's stuff happening right in your face and you ignore it but choose to see OR think you see other stuff happening earlier or later on.

But it's still fun to watch the NFL even if they don't show the National Anthem on TV anymore. :s:'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Tony M wrote: »
    But it's still fun to watch the NFL even if they don't show the National Anthem on TV anymore. :s:'(

Instead we got to watch that horrible half time show...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    And DeFlip is out in Minnesota. I knew he would be fired today, in my gut, I just knew.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Spielman & Zimmer should be next oh and Pfifer or whatever the special teams coach name is.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2018
    I still like Zim... but not drafting for the O-line and spending all that money for Cousins was as dumb as that move to get Herschel Walker from Dallas. Spending 35 million for a stud offensive line and Tavares Jackson could have stood in that pocket and won.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I still like Zim... but not drafting for the O-line and spending all that money for Cousins was as dumb as that move to get Herschel Walker from Dallas. Spending 35 million for a stud offensive line and Tavares Jackson could have stood in that pocket and won.

You could have Marvin Lewis ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2018
    And we could have had Khalil Mack too.... Rick Spielman must go. As far as Cousins goes... one of his team mates might see a hefty bonus if they can slip a little something in his Diet Coke and ensure he fails a drug test. The Vikings could then cut his sorry a$$ without losing a dime under the morals clause...

• Mikey081057
    DSkip wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they figure top defenses but I'd argue that the Cowboys defense is one of the best we have seen in the NFL for a handful of years. With the blatant attempt by Prescott to throw or fumble every game away this season, the defense steps in time and time again to rectify the situation and keep points off the board. He had two interceptions and one fumble Sunday and the only one they couldn't overcome was the interception in the Eagles red zone.

I think if we had a more consistent offense our defense would be much more impressive statistically, and they already are quite impressive in the numbers.

@DSkip

Don't blame Dak for the offensive woes... Th O line is all banged up and he is getting killed back there...He always seems to have people in his face or at his feet. They are lucky he is tough and can take some of that punishment....They need to protect him better. A less physical QB would be in the morgue with the way they protect. When they can do that he can make throws.... of the throws he missed last week .... He completed 77% of his throws last week and threw for 455yds... All under a lot of pressure. What do you want? They need to fix or get him some help at O line and at tight end.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • audioluvr
    edited December 2018
    And we could have had Khalil Mack too.... Rick Spielman must go. As far as Cousins goes... one of his team mates might see a hefty bonus if they can slip a little something in his Diet Coke and ensure he fails a drug test. The Vikings could then cut his sorry a$$ without losing a dime under the morals clause...

Oooo! Wicked! (Awesome idea though)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Vic Fangio gonna be interviewed for next Packer coach?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    dromunds wrote: »
    Vic Fangio gonna be interviewed for next Packer coach?

That would be a damn tragedy
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Mikey081057
    Looks like Carson Wentz is done for the year again...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11257/carson-wentz

• Tony M
    Tonight should be a good game.

The Chief's last game showed a weakness to their front line.

Let's see what the Chargers can do to it tonight or if the Chiefs get their protection back for Mahomes.
  • Mikey081057
    Chefs are down to their 3rd RB. I just don't trust Andy Reid...He wore out his welcome in the NFC He is now in the AFC He would rather be at the KFC

• Mikey081057
    DSkip wrote: »
    Looks like Carson Wentz is done for the year again...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11257/carson-wentz

Sounds like the Cowboys have all but wrapped up the NFC East since the Giants are out and the other two can't keep a QB on the field. It's not the ideal way to win the division, but if the cowboys keep winning it would be a moot point anyways.

Staying and getting healthy is key for any team....

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited December 2018
    So weird how seasons play out sometimes. I would like to see Dallas go all the way.
  • audioluvr
    joecoulson wrote: »
    So weird how seasons play out sometimes. I would like to see Dallas go all the way.

Well Debbie anyways...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• dromunds
    I saw that in the theater.
  • Mikey081057
    Nice interview with the Big Tuna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1XIbPHki4

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Mods please change @dromunds name to PeeWee. Gross dude
  • Mikey081057
    Jets giving the Texans a difficult time...

• Tony M
    maybe if the Jets kicker had made those two extra points, their momentum wouldn't have been slowed down TWICE... :s

C'mon man! Extra points? The Texan's kicker made a 49 yarder... :o:)
  • Whoa 6 wins for my Browns...can this be real?
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dromunds
    Rodgers needed to take himself out. Who are you?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Dallas pitches a donut! On offense no less. I love it! :D

Your Faders could only put up 1 TD against the worst defense in the NFL :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Bears win the Central . Vikings finally won against a team with a winning record. Packers have yet to win on the road this year. Maybe the Bears will rest their starters and coast to the playoffs? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”