Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,774
    Agreed
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,753
    I don't know.

What about that 70-year old coach of the Sea Hawks ( I think ) ?

70 and still coaching, Gruden could do that too. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,051
    He discounted the partial ownershio thing on Golic and Wingo.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,862
    Just finished watching the Browns 0-16 parade online ..Great stuff!! Lots of hilarious floats and comments. Police were saying close to 10,000 people showed up in the freezing cold to have fun with this.

1jtxa9g39grx.png
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    That's cool that there were all those die-hard fans there to still show support and hope and humor too.

There are some NFL games today. Starting at 4:30.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    Gruden just said nothing is final yet.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,650
    edited January 6
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Chargers a day late and a win short, can't believe the Titans are in[/quote]

Like I said, can't believe Titans are in the playoffs...

...Not a chargers fan, but thought they would have been a better match up and game to watch
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 1,066
    edited January 6
    Tony M wrote: »
    I liked Gruden as a coach and as a super knowledgeable announcer.

I'd miss his informative announcing if he goes back to coaching. :(
    I don't and I wouldn't. He annoys the living pi$$ out of me. At least his "s-backing" isn't as bad as Chris Collinsworth, though.

Still, listening to ANY NFL commentator these days is painful. The word "route" is pronounced as "root", but none of them seem to know that. They say "DEE-fense" instead of the proper "duh-FENSE". They use the most ridiculous metaphors to describe a number of situations. And then you get jack-wads like Phil Simms that say "sad" for "side".

And don't even get me started on the mental-retardation that is fantasy football. *doublefacemaskpalm*
    Waaaaahhhhh
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    Waaaaahhhhh

Yeah, and you edited your post above and the quote in it is still effed up. You're one of THEM, aren't you?
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Waaaaahhhhh

Yeah, and you edited your post above and the quote in it is still effed up. You're one of THEM, aren't you?

I didn't edit anything

One of who...are you talking bout my dialect, yup I'ma Texan :p
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,976
    The Chiefs are going to blow it.
    And don't even get me started on the mental-retardation that is fantasy football. *doublefacemaskpalm*

So how many fantasy points does Mariota get for being the passer and the TD receiver for the TD he scored...LOL

So how many fantasy points does Mariota get for being the passer and the TD receiver for the TD he scored...LOL
    12.....unless you are in one of those dumb yardage leagues
    Mularkey and Mariota must have gold horseshoes stuffed in-da-bung. That was an ugly win, but congrats
    Nothing like a QB putting a block on your linebacker....ouch
    0l2gn5u58iae.jpeg
    I didn't edit anything
    txcoastal1 Posts: 8,574
    6:15PM edited 6:16PM

Suuuuuure you didn't. And I see the quote function is still kicking your a$$. :p
    I didn't edit anything
    txcoastal1 Posts: 8,574
    6:15PM edited 6:16PM

Suuuuuure you didn't. And I see the quote function is still kicking your a$$. :p

I tried to see why the quote didn't separate, but didn't edit...that was a vanilla glitch :p :p :p
    I would like to see Rams get the win tonight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    I tried to see why the quote didn't separate, but didn't edit...that was a vanilla glitch :p :p :p

When in doubt, blame Vanilla. Good call. You will not be charged a timeout. :D
    I would like to see Rams get the win tonight.

It's there's to lose, their deeefense is better
    Been good defense from both teams so far.
    Well, out of the 12 teams in the playoffs, the only 2 that I wanted to win got eliminated today. :p
    Dilly dilly.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,812
    Looks like the Falcons will be going to the NFL championship game, that secondary was wicked last night. If that Falcon D plays like that against the Eagles next week they are in.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,414
    I heard a joke last night about why its been so cold lately. Its because hell is freezing over because the Vikings are heading to the Super Bowl. Lol. No offense purple and gold fans.
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,774
    Defense wins championships, and Minnesota is pretty much first in all categories that count in that regard.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Jax got D, but if you can't put up a decent run on the board you can't win

I expect to see better football next weekend
    So far this wild card weekend, the Saints are the only ones that look good offensively

I watched that game and the refs definitely didn't call a lot of blatant penalties on the Saints that would've stopped their progress on numerous series! And I thought the Saints would have it easy. Man was I ever wrong! Carolina had a lot of team mistakes for sure but would they have had as many if they were blowing the Saints out of the water? I doubt it. Cam would've been a lot happier instead of low energy most of the game.

I said earlier in the season the refs were deciding the games sometimes it seemed. I hadn't seen too much ref BS the past few weeks and even the 3 games before Carolina Vs. Saints. But tonight, My blood pressure still feels high as can be. And I won 20.00 but I would rather see a FAIR GAME by the officials!

Good Grief, it was so obvious!

May next week games be officiated fairly!