Last Can of Black Paint

Options
Hermitism
Hermitism Posts: 4,205
edited July 2014 in The Clubhouse
Since this forum is drawing to a close, I thought I would do something special. I have a fifteen year old can of ColorWorks Acrylic Enamel black paint. Which means it could possibly be the last can in existence. It's not just any paint, but it's of the flat finish variety. It's approximately 10-15% full. The spray nozzle still sprays somewhat evenly and provides a nice flat finish, with very few splatter spots or drips. It can be used on wood or metal. I'm offering this can for free as long as you agree to pay a $100 shipping and handling fee. masterpp, here's your chance! I will double box it and use plenty of bubble wrap. It will ship within 24 hours of receipt of payment. I accept paypal. No scammers, please!

DSCN2843.JPG

DSCN2845.JPG

DSCN2846.JPG

DSCN2848.JPG

DSCN2844.JPG

To choose the winner if this giveaway, you have to tell what you hated most about the movie "Pacific Rim". I'll pick the best answer.
Post edited by Hermitism on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Great Karma!!

But unlike others from the past, I know where to buy my own......
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'll take it let me contact the "movers" :eek:
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'll take it...send me your PP info!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'll take it let me contact the "movers" :eek:
    halo71 wrote: »
    I'll take it...send me your PP info!

You have to tell what you hated most about the movie "Pacific Rim". The terrible acting? The bad directing from a great director? The terrible monsters? The annoying wonder twin scientists? No nudity?...I like naked Asians, they missed a good opportunity there. No Godzilla?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I am worried about the color code on the cap. 7776, according to the International Spraypaint Standards and Formulations guide, Millennium Edition, indicates that there are traces of Deep Slate Grey and Charcoal Grey in that particular mix. The fact that this can is 15 years old already and has been used, further indicates that contamination as well as evaporation of the "pure-black" portions of the mix have long ago left the can.

While I do appreciate the Karma, it is a scam you are trying to pull off on your forum brothers, and that sort of conduct is not welcomed here in the least. If I were you, I would change my forum name on the new one, as your name is useless here going forward.... Shame on you sir, shame on you.

j/k:lol::lol::lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Go with the color code on the can, HG207. I think I got the caps mixed up, the other can is empty. The paint is pretty old though. It's like a good wine.

You're gonna miss me when I gone!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Go with the color code on the can, HG207. I think I got the caps mixed up, the other can is empty. The paint is pretty old though. It's like a good wine.

HG in the code, again according to the Guide, stood for Helios Grey. It is as dark as you can get but is not black paint.

Hermitism wrote: »
    You're gonna miss me when I gone!

Yep... gonna miss you about as much as I miss my ex-wife.:rolleyes::lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2014
    Options
    John, you know good and damn well that humor is frowned upon here! lol

Or is it damn good and well?!?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    John, you know good and damn well that humor is frowned upon here! lol

Or is it damn good and well?!?

Incorrect sir. Humor is frowned upon here unless the content of said humor is first run through the Jersey Grand Consortium, and a licensing fee has been paid for the right to post it here.