Consumers In need of an official announcement.

chiefjls
chiefjls Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Video Games
Sacrinis raises a valid point except about getting your money back on the product. I too have
purchased this product in good faith-of Polk's outstanding quality and all the rave reviews put out
on it. I staked my reputation as a gamer and got all my friends to purchase this product upon its
release. To my dismay and criticism from friends it turned out to be a lemon. I had sold them on a
product that had the herald history of a well known reputable company behind it. I, Having previous experience creating, testing and implementing multi-billion dollar communication and navigational
systems. I cannot fathom how Polk would rush idly into releasing a product that would go from costing the consumer 160.00 u.s. dollars at release to a paltry 15.00 after a couple of months.
(see eBay prices of private sellers)
As a consumer I respectfully demand an update, a public update from the CEO of Polk.
The band aid fix of a detachable microphone that amplifies every slightest tug on a shirt through
your ear-set not to mention massive feedback/echo issues when the volume is turned at its
maximum top three settings, and fatigue due to a cloth encased cord that is almost a foot longer then the original cord.
Microsoft is a juggernaut company and understandable some changes to controllers have been
rushed to the masses at the very last minute of the Xbox Ones release. The 4 shots may have
had ample research and development time to iron out the final issues prior to Microsoft's release of the Xbox ones controller patch. The product should have had ample time after this patch to test
and release it. Obviously a near field microphone would work via a cellphone and it does, it works
pretty-well. However the product was marketed and sold as a gaming headset without the use of a later shipped out patch/boom mic peripheral.
Therefore I as a consumer purchased a product that cannot be used in its original format. Polk
legally has tried to remedy the situation of their consumers with a free boom mic sent out on Polk's part, and that washes their hands of the situation. Polk has constructed their own controller dongle for their upcoming release of the striker but have not
mentioned the inclusion of a separate dongle being included to the 4 shot users. I truly hope that this is not a circumvention to the 4 shot product and that they will not be scrapping the 4 shots in light of a new gaming headset. To a consumer this looks to be the case.
But I digress, If Polk is the company I and all of their consumers believe them to be Someone
official, preferable CEO Kevin Duffey Needs to make an updated statement about his product not to
me, but to all of his consumers. I am not a business partner nor am I obviously a representative for
any company in partnership of Polk. I assume whomever reads this will pass this along to
the forum administrator and then that person will pass it along to someone reputable in the company. I'm sure the CEO has better things to do then read his company's forum posts. And no I will not send a
formal letter to Polk electronically or in an analog format, I am not looking for an informal response.
I've taken it upon myself to solicit a formal public response From Polk.

Chief
Post edited by chiefjls on

Comments

• SgtPayback
    SgtPayback Posts: 33
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully the suits will make a statement and put this entire mess to bed once and for all.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2014
    chiefjls wrote: »
    I've taken it upon myself to solicit a formal public response From Polk.

Good luck with that man.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)