Hooking PSW110 to a Vizio S3820w-C0 Sound Bar

Options
So I hooked up the subwoofer to the sound bar using a RCA cable. I quickly heard a problem. When the sub was outputting a decent level of bass, the sound bar would become a lot quieter (highs and mids). When the bass in the music went away, the highs and mids would shoot back up.

I am a big newbie when it comes to audio, so any help would be nice on how to fix this.

BTW, the audio is coming from a computer through a headphone jack to the sound bar, RCA from sound bar to the sub.
Post edited by mase123987 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. What is the connection labeled on the Vizio that you have connected to the sub? Where do you have the volume set on the sub? 12:00 o'clock or higher?
    Regards, Ken
  • mase123987
    mase123987 Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It is labeled as Sub Out. I have tried the subwoofer at a lot of different volume levels without difference. Also, I tried to lower and raise the bass level on the sound bar without change.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Using that connection seems to be the correct one. I'm not sure what could be causing the volume of the Vizio to reduce when there's bass in the program material. One possible explanation is that the amplifier in the sub is somehow loading down the amplifiers in the bar.
    Maybe a phone call with Vizio is in order, asking them what the sub-out impedance is?
  • AudioPro
    AudioPro Posts: 10
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What are you using for your central sound control panel?