Upcoming Led Zeppelin reissues

124»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited July 2014
    F1nut wrote: »

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if there was another source.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    Really, $63 to send 2 cd's to the US.

Sorry, but that's way too rich for my blood. The stateside versions should be fine.

H9
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited July 2014
    This one, http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-15686

The other is the US version without the plastic sleeves.
    Really, $63 to send 2 cd's to the US.

It's $27 and change per deluxe CD. There are 2 CD's in the deluxe package, the original and a bonus CD. More importantly, zero scratches unlike the US versions.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Hey Brock, you want the 3 deluxe cd's? I have them played once.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    This one, http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-15686

The other is the US version without the plastic sleeves.

It's $27 and change per deluxe CD. There are 2 CD's in the deluxe package, the original and a bonus CD. More importantly, zero scratches unlike the US versions.

I see that, but when I do a shipping quote for (2) deluxe pkgs I and II (III is sold out) it says it's $63 to ship so

$27.85 for LZ I
    $27.85 for lZ II

plus $63 for shipping

= $118.70 for 2 deluxe cd's.

I'm not paying that, too much.

H9

P.s. Unless I'm missing something
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    Hey Brock, you want the 3 deluxe cd's? I have them played once.

I saw that Neil. Will you do a little better on the price, say $35 shipped?

H9
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    For you, $30.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2014
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I see that, but when I do a shipping quote for (2) deluxe pkgs I and II (III is sold out) it says it's $63 to ship so

$27.85 for LZ I
    $27.85 for lZ II

plus $63 for shipping

= $118.70 for 2 deluxe cd's.

I'm not paying that, too much.

H9

P.s. Unless I'm missing something

One option that seems more reasonable is:
    BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL. Wouldn't it be less expensive to buy the CDs from Amazon, and add an order of sleeves for $4.21? :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/100-Paper-Sleeves-Window-Flap/dp/B0019X20R8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402197885&sr=8-1&keywords=cd+sleeves+paper
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2014
    Unless I'm missing something

You are missing something. There are multiple shipping options from EMS and FedEx to snail mail. The $63.00 quote sounds like an over night option. With either EMS and FedEx you will get it in a few days. A few times with EMS I've actually gotten delivery over night....amazing.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited July 2014
    One option that seems more reasonable is:

Problem is the CD's are already scratched.

President of Club Polk

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2014
    My US versions don't have any scratches on them.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • BlueFox
    edited July 2014
    I can understand from a cosmetic perspective why people expect a scratch free CD. Even if it is initially scratch free, the odds increase of acquiring a scratch when playing it multiple times. In this sense, CDs and vinyl are similar. However, unlike a turntable, a CD player will error correct any damage from a scratch, so scratches are more of a cosmetic annoyance versus an audible annoyance.

Of course, the absence of scratches is just one more reason to go with a music server. :smile:

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2014
    dkg999 wrote: »
    My US versions don't have any scratches on them.

You got lucky.
    Of course, the absence of scratches is just one more reason to go with a music server.

No scratches, not even a fingerprint on my CD/SACD's.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    edited July 2014
    Anyway, scratches or no scratches, I cannot wait for the next set to be released. This is one of the few times I do not mind rebuying the same CD over and over. :smile:

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    Here's a screen print.

CDJapan_zps116aefe2.jpg

But I just figured it out. If you look under shipping charge calculator is says "view the order total including shipping charges". I thought the price was just for shipping.

H9

P.S. I will take you up on those Neil. I'll let you know as my bday is coming up and I'm not sure if someone is buying those for me. I'll know after the 30th, if you can wait.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited July 2014
    I have all the originals on vinyl and have one question

How many versions/remasters dose one need. :confused::razz:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2014
    These will be the last needed Tony. (Unless they do these remasters on SHM-SACD)! :lol:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • nspindel
    edited July 2014
    Brock, I tried replying to you but your mailbox was full. Just let me know.
  • heiney9
    edited July 2014
    Neil, it's cleared and I did send a PM. I get back with you after the 30th. But I'm sure I'll take all 3, just don't want any dups in case I get them for my Bday.

Thanks

H9
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2014
    You got lucky.

No scratches, not even a fingerprint on my CD/SACD's.

he,he,, bring em to NC,, we can fix that!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    I know I’m late to the game on this one but I just picked up the whole library. These sound pretty amazing versus the releases that I had prior. Definitely worth the purchase. I was crankin them pretty loud last night.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • nspindel
    Yup. You’re definitely late to the game! Glad you’re enjoying!