dead polk dsw pro 660 sub

johnrwilkinson
johnrwilkinson Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Troubleshooting
My 2 week old Polk DSW Pro 660 subwoofer is "dead" . There is no output at all. Any advice or confirmation of similar problem/solution appreciated..

1. The sub power is on as the green light shines at the back and the blue light/led on front of sub cabinet is on. But zero volume.
2. The sub is not responding to the remote as was previously the case. I can’t adjust the volume level, set night mode, reset, turn led on/off etc. On the back of the sub, there are manual volume up/down level buttons…. The sub is also not responding to these as was previously the case.
3. The sub is connected via line/LFE from my amp. The line out from the sub is connected to my old sub – my old sub is working fine… so the line signal is coming through all fine.
4. I have powered the polk sub off (removed power cable) for 30 minutes and started up again..... makes no difference.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by johnrwilkinson on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2014
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem. The best thing to do is to contact Polk's CS department either via telephone at 1-800-377-7655 or via email at polkcs@polkaudio.com. Have the unit's serial number and sales receipt handy when you make contact.
    They'll go through a troubleshooting procedure and then get you whatever is needed to get it working again.
    Regards, Ken
  • am having this same problem. the blue light in front is on and the green light on back is on. However, i m gettin no sound. i know this has been a while for you but @johnrwilkinson was this problem solved to you?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    See the post above yours and do as instructed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sorry for reviving an old thread. I have the exact same problem as the original OP.

Unfortunately I live in India with no service center support from Polk Audio.

If someone can tell what could be the possible issue I could try to remove the board and have it fixed independently outside.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    If you have a good electronics repair shop near you remove the rear plate with the amp attached to it and take it to them. They should be able to find the problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk