Any Meatloaf Fans Out There?

Options
stretchl
stretchl Posts: 1,334
edited May 2014 in The Clubhouse
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
- Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
Cabling by Groneberg
Visuals
https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
Post edited by stretchl on

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light. I'll never forget my surprise when I realized what that meant. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I love my dads meatloaf!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So, the guy that gave Meatloaf his big break got the shaft, I'm not surprised. The big fish always swallows the little fish.

On a side note, I saw Meatloaf on the "Bat Out of Hell" tour as a KISW (Seattle radio station) Rising Star concert for 99 cents in 77 or 78.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited May 2014
    Options
    bobsauto49 wrote: »
    I love my dads meatloaf!
    My kids love mine. With mashed potatoes & buttered corn.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited May 2014
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light. I'll never forget my surprise when I realized what that meant. :smile:

Lol, had to tell my wife that just a few short years ago. I dig the big guy, bet a lot of you dudes never knew Bruce Springsteens guys played a lot for Meatloaf.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Great music on the LP or cd but, the quality of the recording is horrible!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited May 2014
    Options
    yuck not my cup of tea, but i liked the article and yes Sony music is a very large monster bully. They have a HUGE catalog they could of used for SACD, but did they? Nope just abandon they whole thing all together..
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It was a fun album! I would count this as just one of scores of people/artists ripped off by the big music business of the past.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited May 2014
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    It was a fun album! I would count this as just one of scores of people/artists ripped off by the big music business of the past,present and future

Fixed it fer ya
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2014
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Great music on the LP or cd but, the quality of the recording is horrible!

Yes. I bought the original LP from some record store in Sacramento simply because I liked the cover art, and it turned out the LP was great, and received a lot of play time. I actually was getting kudos for my musical taste. This thread bought those memories to the surface so I bought the "Remastered" CD. Apparently, some memories from my youth need to stay memories. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    So, the guy that gave Meatloaf his big break got the shaft, I'm not surprised. The big fish always swallows the little fish.

On a side note, I saw Meatloaf on the "Bat Out of Hell" tour as a KISW (Seattle radio station) Rising Star concert for 99 cents in 77 or 78.

It's usually the other way around bro.....the artist gets the shaft. See Eric Burden, It's a Beautiful Day, Moby Grape, ad infinitum.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You could check out Ellen Foley as well if you like the female voice of the record.

Bat out of Hell is a great air guitar song. I was surprised at how solid an LP it was
    when I finally heard the whole thing. They got me for good when I saw it performed
    in T.V. way back when. I bet it is still making money these days.

I did finally get to see Meatloaf at a "Taste of Cleveland" some years ago and had a
    good time.