Best wireless headphones?

Options
HDTVAV
HDTVAV Posts: 80
edited April 2014 in Headphones
Looking for recommendations for the best wireless headphones.

Thanks!
Post edited by HDTVAV on

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sennheiser RS 180. had the RS 160 (very good) and had to get another so I picked up the RS180 and its more open design leaks more sound out but it SQ is alot better and I mainly use for HT at night as it lets me move around. Or I just use them when I doing some things like cleaning and moving around all the time but want to listen to better music then MP3 player and ear buds.

Very clean sound and no hissing like older wireless sets use to do.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The Sennheiser RS220 are actually the best wireless headphones you can buy, that I'm aware of. Since you didn't mention a budget I assume you're simply wanting the best, and the RS220 is that. It's a bit pricey, but I've got a pair and they're worth every penny.
  • voltz
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Your correct :)

I forgot they did put out a better one! but the RS180 sounds so good I wouldn't probably every upgrade mine again.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2014
    Options
    How do you guys feel about all the complaints about dropouts on almost "every" wireless phone, including the Sennheisers? There are ample negative reviews of these. And a number that claim the RS 220s aren't worth the upgrade over the 180s.

Just curious. I'm not in the market for wireless because I don't really know what I'd use them for and I do believe that for the highest "fidelity" you really do have to have a wire connection, and a "good" one at that!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • voltz
    edited April 2014
    Options
    well the 1st time it happened it just went perfectly quiet and it took me a second to realize what just happened. but I was way back in the back room by the dryer when it happen and since then it only happen to my rs180 one other time and never again. and it never happened to the RS160's. (until I go way out in the back yard by the fence)

I agree that they can't touch my SENN's HD650's or Grado RS2i but there close and I think you would really be impressed with how good a wireless can be :)

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2014
    Options
    One has to wonder how much we're radiating ourselves with wireless accessories.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • voltz
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ^^^^^

Hmm that maybe half my problem :( 1st the hair then my memory and now my vision - or is that just old age :)