received my boom mic

transman731
transman731 Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Headphones
i just received my boom mic after registering my 4 shots a week ago. mic is nice and simple fix to an awkward issue, my only problem with it is that it doesn't work. i have tried everything and still can't be heard.
any suggestions, or did i just get a bad mic?
Post edited by transman731 on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited April 2014
    Have you tried to pick up the phone and call Polk?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2014
    Hello,
    That's good advice, call Polk's CS department at 1-800-377-7655 I'm sure they'll help.
    Regards, Ken
  • stoneddhomless
    stoneddhomless Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    Did u update your controller? I got mine and the thing is amazing . try updating your controller if that doesn't work then u got a defective boom mic
  • transman731
    edited April 2014
    i have tried to update the controller, it gives the message that controller has already been updated.
    as far as calling customer service, my issue is they work different hours than i do. i'm at work at 5:00am and usually not home until after 9:00 pm (the joys of being a business owner).

i was trying to find out if it was an issue with anyone else before i call anywhere.
  • stoneddhomless
    stoneddhomless Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    So your saying you have the boom mic and the thing don't work at all? Like u cant even see the microphone that shows its even plugged in? Or it shows the microphone symbol and no can hear you talking? All else fails unplug ur power cable from your Xbox and the. Unplug the power cable from the brick and unplug it from the wall. While the Xbox is off hold down the power button on the console for 15 seconds then Plug everything back in turn it on and try doing the update of the controller then and if that don't work id be making some phone calls .
  • transman731
    edited April 2014
    yes,i already have the boom mic. i didn't pay attention to see if i had the mic icon on the screen, i will look next time and try the reset.
  • Robert J968
    Robert J968 Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    Yes you should better re-check it later.....I guess you'll have to take out time at the weekend if you're busy at weekends...