Options
2»

Comments

• BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    edited April 2014
    Options
    sorry about double post...
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • Aroundthesuond
    Aroundthesuond Posts: 37
    edited April 2014
    Options
    thanks for your contribution
  • BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ????
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • Aroundthesuond
    Aroundthesuond Posts: 37
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm grateful to you for sharing your experience
    What's wrong?
  • iskandam
    iskandam Posts: 704
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've always been curious about the ClarityCap ESA's but never got around to trying them. A few years ago I recapped my crossovers with Sonicap Gen I's bypassed with Sonicap Platinums in the tweeter and Gen II in the mids and bass. It took around 500 hours to fully burn in, but when the dust has settled the sound was glorious. Soundstage exploded in all directions, all the microdetails are easily audible and separated from each other. All this transparency while being smooth and musical at the same time.
  • douglesc
    douglesc Posts: 1
    Options
    in review of tony gee, he says they are warm/dark.
    I want to clarify that I am not always agree with tony
    his review about SA and ESA is very negative...
    SA
    "Sound: The Clarity Cap range has an overall similarity in tonal balance, going up the range you gain a bit in clarity and spatiality. I find the SA to be neutral with a slightly warmish presentation but also a bit closed-in. Compared to the Clarity Cap PX definition and separation are better, the stereo-image is also little larger. I did find the top end to be slightly rolled-off, not that they lacked detailed but on some recordings I wanted a fraction more transparency - but all in all still very nice. On the downside the "S" and "T" in vocals can be a bit plasticy, this is probably due to the lack in transparany in the top octave, making the octaves below sound a little masked. Making a capacitor using about 90% Clarity Cap SA and about 10% Mundorf Supreme works very well, this tends to open up the top end just nicely without altering anything else.

ESA
    "Sound: Similar in overall character to the Clarity Cap SA but with more clarity and therefore a fraction more spatial. Like the SA they could still do with a bit more transparency but with a small bypass capacitor this can be improved. The ESA also has a slightly warmish presentation and also benefits from making a total value using about 90% Clarity Cap ESA and about 10% Mundorf Supreme. This opens up the top end just nicely without altering anything else. Good overall qualities and an upgrade from the standard Clarity Cap SA."

I'm asking an opinion based on your experiences.
    for example, someone has compared the Jantzen superir-z with claritycap SA or ESA
    or with Mundorf Supreme normal

Last night I did a direct comparison using a scan speak tweeter and a 6.8mfg caps one a Clarity cap SA and the other a Jantzen cross cap, I have also compared these cross caps to audyn Q4's and I have used Mundorf SO as well as the new EVO aluminum and oil....as well as Mundorf supreme and Jantzen z silver and superior as well as Audyn Plus.....back to the SA vs. cross cap.....the cross cap if used in electronics using a small value with skinny leads and nothing else is dumb, the cross caps mate well with all the caps I have tried....In that direct comparison the cross caps won hands down, with more vivid detail less smear, it wasn't close and when used with other really good caps it is in another league.
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    Options
    I used the Clarity ESA along with Mundorf on a monitor 5 recap. It sounds good though my Marantz 2270 and 1060.

The sound keep the character and voice the amps had before, warm and involving as it should be. I do notice more definition and better soundstage. This makes me think I did a good choice.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    Options
    Skip the SA and PX caps and stick with the ESA if you want a smooth cap that gives great soundstaging and imaging.

As for the ESA vs MR, they're similar with the MR being more detailed.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Mike da Face returns.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    Didn't think you would ever show your Face around these parts again..