Any NAD fans out there?

13»

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    edited July 2015
    Polk_e_Man wrote: »
    No, I'm not moving to NY, but within Arizona (again) due to a job relocation. I hear it's beautiful in up-state NY, though. I do miss seeing lakes, fall colors, and the like, but not the winters. You guys had a particularly brutal one this past winter. Brrrrrrr.

Gotcha. I said that because we have A TON of people moving here from AZ. Leaving/lost jobs at Intel and they are now working at Global Foundries, or the Nanoscale complex in Albany.

Enjoy the new NAD! They are wonderful pieces of equipment and it looks like you've been a happy customer of NAD for some time!
  • Polk_e_Man
    Polk_e_Man Posts: 14
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    Polk_e_Man wrote: »
    No, I'm not moving to NY, but within Arizona (again) due to a job relocation. I hear it's beautiful in up-state NY, though. I do miss seeing lakes, fall colors, and the like, but not the winters. You guys had a particularly brutal one this past winter. Brrrrrrr.

Gotcha. I said that because we have A TON of people moving here from AZ. Leaving/lost jobs at Intel and they are now working at Global Foundries, or the Nanoscale complex in Albany.

Enjoy the new NAD! They are wonderful pieces of equipment and it looks like you've been a happy customer of NAD for some time!

I'm looking forward to setting it up. When I do, I'll post some pictures of my gear.
    HT Room: Preamp - NAD T757 | Amp - Emotiva UPA-500 | Mains - Polk RTi4 | CC - Polk CSi3 | Source - Harman/Kardon DVD48 | Blu-Ray- Oppo BDP-83 | Source - Denon DMD-1000 | Source - Denon DRS-810 | Source - Rega RP-1 | Video Source - Sony RDRGX7 | Video Source - JVC HM-DH30000U | TV - LG 42" LCD Flat Screen
  • I absolutely LOVE my NAD gear. Im so happy with it that I have no plans to change. I obsessively use my HT system for movies. and I constantly use my 2 channel side (707's). I don't post or even get back into the forum because I use all my downtime listening to my system! lol

Im in the process now to set my kid up with a NAD C388 paired with LSiM 703's for his room. Trying to set him up with a great base system to start the rabbit hole journey. I had to wait 35 years. hopefully her appreciates it. Im trying to educate and teach as well as let him find his own path from here.
    HOME THEATER 5.1
    JVC DLARS56U
    92" SI Black Diamond 1.4 16:9
    NAD M25 MC Power Amp
    Marantz AV7005 Pre Amp
    Oppo 95
    LSiM 705 Fronts
    LSiM 706c
    LSiM 703 Rears
    SVS PB13 Ultra sub

ZONE 2
    LSIM 707 (Bar Area)(2 Channel Sessions)

OUTDOOR DECK
    NAD C 375BEE DAQ
    PSB CS 1000 Speakers
    Sonos

Signal Cable - Ultra Single (Banana), Magic Power Cord, Dig Power, Vid Power.
    RTi T3-V+, SONOS, Furman Power Conditioner
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm not a fan of anybody's NADs. :o
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ this is the first I've heard any complaints... :*
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2017
    I'm a big fan . I've been using a NAD Int. ( C372 ? ) for my SDA-SRS2's since I sold my Sunfire 600/2 a year or two ago. When people have heard the sound the past couple of years from my main system, they like to lean in and get a close look at the NAD gear, trying to figure out the brand. Who's NAD ? they have asked a lot. Hummm, sounds great, is usually their response. B) Then they ask...is it expensive ? I say it depends on where you buy them, but used NAD isn't to bad at all.

I just bought and sold a nice classic NAD int. ( 3130 ) to a long time friend and buyer for years a month ago. Man that little int. amp was nice sounding and powerful. I bought it and some audio stuff from a guy who was going total digital. He was over the age of 60 too. He was decluttering he said. :p

I can't tell a difference in the sound either. Power seems to be the same , except, the Sunfire didn't get hardly warm ever. I've gotten the NAD warm once in a while
    h9bhpgo8b7dw.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Well 3+ years later since I've posted in this thread, my NAD C 316BEE is still going strong with zero issues.

I recently purchased LSiM 703s and although I only have 20-30 hours on them, the NAD is doing an admirable job with them. I'm liking everything I'm hearing so far and on most CDs I've played, I can't even get close to the "9 o'clock" position on the volume knob before it's at a loud listening level.

So even with only 40 wpc, it seems to have no problem driving the 703s. Sounding great so far...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I may go back to NAD. the T977 amp is no longer available. Stupid move from NAD but I have other 5 channel amps. I may sell my SC-99 and maybe my Marantz Mono blocks and look for a used T977.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    I have an original 1020 preamp, and a dual mono 2150 50W amp. Both have been completely torn down, recapped and whatever else important signal path upgrades my guy felt necessary.
    The back panel of the 1020 was torn down, cleaned, and re-soldered, plus all boards of both units were cleaned and re-soldered where needed.
    And, he rebuilt the headphone section of the 1020, which sounds very decent with my ATH M50x's.
    I only use the amp now and then, but the 1020 has been with both my current N.E.W. A-20 20W class A, and my previous McCormack DNA .5 Platinum. It is a wonderful piece.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I cut my teeth on NAD. For years, had 1700 pre/tuna and 2600A amp in my main system; still am running 1600 pre/tuna and 2100 in my bedroom setup.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Nice, my 316's big brother. Wishing I would've gotten the 326 for the pre-outs!
    nbrowser wrote: »
    NAD power can make even a RTiA3 sound quite musical, how do I know? I have a C326BEE intgrated driving a pair of em! Can sound quite nice. My first piece from this company and probably won't be the last.

• Another 3y/o post to be updated. After my 1st NAD 1020a pre I went through another Onkyo this time a P-3150v, a Dynaco Pat-4,(lousy phono stage), an overly complicated Sony ES-2000 surround processor w/ pre-outs to convert to pre/amp( gifted from Pumkinman) and full circle back to another NAD1020a this time bought from Audio Classics $80 w/ shipping thrown in and very happy. The honorable mention award to some of the others to have a remote and motorized volume control missing w/ the NAD.....Lew
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc