Now that the Air is Cleared. Updates on the Patch

GAMEPHRENIC GOD
GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Video Games
Greetings, Polk Audio and Audience

I have started this new thread in hopes to move us all forward. If you are are a dedicated Polk Audio Loyalist, this thread will be both beneficial to you as a new Polk Audio Gamer and to the Executives of Polk Audio.

Good News: We know Polk Stands behind its product and has shown that level of dedication to a quick assessment of the product. They have been open to the community in acknowledging the areas for improvement and have escalated that to the appropriate party to rectify the situation. Polk has released a statement and they are working on the issue. We know the product is strong and innovated and with that being said, we know that competitive gaming audio set companies will look forward to competing with Polk Audio.

What have we learned: It is important for us all to be apart of this phenomenoal resolution. The revolution of high quality audio and experience for the Xboxone Community and future consoles. We encourage Polk Audio to continue in its pursuits and become aggressive with their discovery. We know that the gaming community is very passionate about their craft to dominate and the tools to insure their domination.

So, with that being said. Please use this thread to issue updates on the matter for the Polk Audio 4Shot and any additional headsets from Polk audio in the near future. So with Trust Polk Audio, we have lent you a portion of our current and future experiences, with the hopes for you to take it all over. We know you have the capabilites, so continue to demonstrate the power of your expertise and move us all forward.
Post edited by GAMEPHRENIC GOD on

Comments

• GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    Here is the following link, to follow up on the official update:

ow.ly/uu0ey
    http://www.polkaudio.com/latest/4shotstatement
  • SgtPayback
    SgtPayback Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    Props to Polk for a proper response and fix

http://www.polkaudio.com/4shot_promo.php
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    So, what about the Melee's?
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2014
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    shepx2 wrote: »
    So, what about the Melee's?
    I'm in the exact same boat. Will Melee headset owners also be receiving the Polk Chat Pro? After all, the Melee and 4 Shot are the same exact build. Kenneth, can you please look into this for us?
  • Zeros
    edited March 2014
    Blankman wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat. Will Melee headset owners also be receiving the Polk Chat Pro? After all, the Melee and 4 Shot are the same exact build. Kenneth, can you please look into this for us?

Per a Polk rep I emailed, if you signed up for the free chat adapter you will also receive a free boom mic. You do not have to do anything extra to register for it.
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    Zeros wrote: »
    Per a Polk rep I emailed, if you signed up for the free chat adapter you will also receive a free boom mic. You do not have to do anything extra to register for it.
    Thanks for the info, Zeros! I hope that is indeed the case. I know we're all very relieved to hear that Polk is bringing resolution to this as fast as humanly possible. After all, they're essentially manufacturing an accessory piece to help fix the mic issue. Tooling and design of the Chat Pro mic cable can't be cheap.
  • Zeros
    edited March 2014
    It looks similar to the v moda boom pro that shep told me about. That mic goes for about $30.
  • Austacker
    Austacker Posts: 54
    edited March 2014
    Sign in to register for your polk chat pro
    Already have an Account? Sign in below:

So you sign in and it takes you to your account page. Go back and refresh - login again?

Tested on both IE and Chrome. That page doesn't seem to retain your login credentials.

Anyone else got the same issue?

Yes, cookies are on. Yes, security not set to high. Yes, I can login to my account page fine.

Just tried this on my iPhone - same thing.

/facepalm

TBH - If I wanted a boom mic I'd have bought a Turtlebeach. I just want the near field fixed. Works damn fine with my iPhone so by time this boom thing gets out to me it'll likely be fixed by then anyway, right?

RIGHT?
  • SgtPayback
    SgtPayback Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    Not sure on that page either, I just takes me to the register product page.
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    Austacker wrote: »
    Sign in to register for your polk chat pro
    Already have an Account? Sign in below:

So you sign in and it takes you to your account page. Go back and refresh - login again?

Tested on both IE and Chrome. That page doesn't seem to retain your login credentials.

Anyone else got the same issue?

Yes, cookies are on. Yes, security not set to high. Yes, I can login to my account page fine.

Just tried this on my iPhone - same thing.

/facepalm

TBH - If I wanted a boom mic I'd have bought a Turtlebeach. I just want the near field fixed. Works damn fine with my iPhone so by time this boom thing gets out to me it'll likely be fixed by then anyway, right?

RIGHT?

It's ultimately going to fall on MS. They need to add a way to change the volume on your own mic, and that would fix the issue. Right now, they've got the chat adapter biased towards boom mics close to your mouth.
  • betamaxx
    betamaxx Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    SgtPayback wrote: »
    Not sure on that page either, I just takes me to the register product page.

its the same for me. I've created an account but I can't register my 4shot. it comes up as invalid username/password combo.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    If you're having problems registering your headphones, telephone Polk CS at 1-800-377-7655 and they can help.
    Regards, Ken
  • Austacker
    edited March 2014
    Agreed completely but I must say again I bought the Polk because it had a near field mic design over the boom I was used to with the TB

Now here we are with a bloody boom solution

Urgh

Look I appreciate the fact Polk are trying to make good here but if were honestly that confident this is merely a firmware issue with MS, why are we going to this expense on a boom work around?

Just how long can we honestly be expecting to wait for this update because I'm now pretty worried about this

I honestly don't want a boom mic solution, I just want the damn controller firmware fixed so I can use this headset as intended

I have to say this entire process has been incredibly frustrating!
  • RobMitch
    RobMitch Posts: 23
    edited March 2014
    Austacker wrote: »
    Agreed completely but I must say again I bought the Polk because it had a near field mic design over the boom I was used to with the TB

Now here we are with a bloody boom solution

Urgh

Look I appreciate the fact Polk are trying to make good here but if were honestly that confident this is merely a firmware issue with MS, why are we going to this expense on a boom work around?

Just how long can we honestly be expecting to wait for this update because I'm now pretty worried about this

I honestly don't want a boom mic solution, I just want the damn controller firmware fixed so I can use this headset as intended

I have to say this entire process has been incredibly frustrating!

Just saw your tweet to MS and polk ms don't have a clue what is going on and when you tell who fault it is they just change the topic haha.
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    Hello, I have a beta testing account for xbox live and I can submit enhancement requests for xbox live. What is it exactly polk needs to get these headsets working properly? I can put the enhancement in and follow the progress.

BTW The new beta went out. Xbox live will now notify you when favs are online when your playing. This is now working like the x360.
  • SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Superdude wrote: »
    Hello, I have a beta testing account for xbox live and I can submit enhancement requests for xbox live. What is it exactly polk needs to get these headsets working properly? I can put the enhancement in and follow the progress.

BTW The new beta went out. Xbox live will now notify you when favs are online when your playing. This is now working like the x360.
    I also have the xbox one beta updates. Did this update go live today 3/18? I been at work all day.
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    SwiftyCG wrote: »
    I also have the xbox one beta updates. Did this update go live today 3/18? I been at work all day.
    Yep, last nite. It's the first part of the April update. If we know exactly what needs to be done, we can push the enhancement with other beta users... just sayin...
  • Daunting
    Daunting Posts: 21
    edited March 2014
    Superdude wrote: »
    Yep, last nite. It's the first part of the April update. If we know exactly what needs to be done, we can push the enhancement with other beta users... just sayin...

I think we need a way to increase the mic gain. Would be nice if they had a mic setting & possibly a test to adjust it properly.
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    Daunting wrote: »
    I think we need a way to increase the mic gain. Would be nice if they had a mic setting & possibly a test to adjust it properly.

This. It could just be a setting, like they are adding for the kinect. Once set, shouldn't have to adjust.
  • Daunting
    edited March 2014
    shepx2 wrote: »
    This. It could just be a setting, like they are adding for the kinect. Once set, shouldn't have to adjust.

I was thinking a slider to adjust up & down. A mic meter with a optimum section would be nice too.
  • Daunting
    edited March 2014
    Would need to be per controller too, since you could have multiple brands of headsets.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Zeros wrote: »

Confirmed, I emailed Polk also and got verification that I was on the list for the boom mic. I registered for the adapter and did not have to re-register.

I have the Melee headset.
  • regnaston
    regnaston Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    If this was truly a problem with the software, Polk would not have released this boom option.

Like I said from the beginning, it is the placement of the mic
  • shepx2
    edited March 2014
    regnaston wrote: »
    If this was truly a problem with the software, Polk would not have released this boom option.

If it wasn't for the fact that it's working fine on most other items people have tried it on, you might be right. But, you're not.
  • Daunting
    edited March 2014
    I think they discovered it would take more time to patch. Microsoft still has to fix static & controllers turning off first. I do hope they eventually fix it, i would rather not have a boom mic.
  • Daunting
    edited March 2014
    Hello,
    If you're having problems registering your headphones, telephone Polk CS at 1-800-377-7655 and they can help.
    Regards, Ken

Is registering the headphones all we need to do? Or is there another page to request the boom mic.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Daunting wrote: »
    Is registering the headphones all we need to do? Or is there another page to request the boom mic.

registration is all that is needed. you can email/call them to get confirmation they received your registration if you want.
  • Austacker
    edited March 2014
    regnaston wrote: »

Oh trust me, I was VERY dubious about that exact same thing as well so I went and conducted a pretty simple experiment by using the phone cable supplied with the Polk4Shot and made a skype call through my iPhone and a normal phone call through my iPhone.

I purposely covered the phone and the nobbly bit on the cable with a towel to rule out any interference from another possible mic source, leaving ONLY the near field mic on the headset to use and I was bowled over - the sound on both skype and the phone call was loud and clear.

Try it yourself to see what I mean, but I think Polk are right - it's a Microsoft issue with their software having the gain on the mic set too low.

What's incredibly frustrating is

1 - We're getting a boom mic solution until this is 'fixed' (I honestly don't want a boom mic, it's why I bought this model headset in the first place)

2 - Microsoft 'support' have their heads up their arses on information flow here, pushing us back to Polk for 'updates' when it's their god damn software that's fubar.

I appreciate what Polk are trying to achieve here on the customer satisfaction front and give a solution at extra cost to their company, but really all we need is a simple software fix from Microsoft and this becomes a non-issue.

It's frustrating for people who have already bought what's essentially a useless chat headset at the moment and wanted to just get a great quality headset for both game audio and chat out of the box.

I just hope Polk are smacking the living crap out of Microsoft behind closed doors on this issue. It's taking far too long to fix and doing so much damage to Polk's reputation for gaming headsets right now.

I just want a great experience with my Polk purchase, not a 3/4 working solution with an add on that gets sent out from another country in 2 weeks from now to 'tie me over'

So frustrating!!!!