WD TV Live Hub 1TB media server and streaming device

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,195
edited March 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Since I've switched over to NAS for my media files, this device is a bit redundant. So I'm selling my WD TV Live Hub. This is has a 1TB internal drive for media storage, but it can also stream from other network locations. It is in perfect shape, comes in original box with remote, power supply, manual, and batteries. This media server works great if you want a simple solution to watching downloaded media files, streaming Netflix, Youtube, Hulu Plus, etc. Unfortunately, no Amazon streaming. This device does not have Cinavia protection, so no need to worry about that. It will play almost any media format out there. I've mostly used it for playing MKV rips of my BluRay collection. It has a GigE ethernet connection, HDMI, Optical, and analog RCA outs, plus component video. It is DNLA certified and I've had absolutely no issues with my devices seeing the files on the network. It is not anywhere near as fast as a full blown NAS for media files, but it is fast enough to stream 1080p. It supports passing Dolby TrueHD, but not DTS HD MA. It will pass core DTS though.

These have been discontinued by WD and the demand seems to be rising. I'm selling it here for lower than the average Ebay price and as a bonus, I will leave most of my video files on the drive. There may be something enjoyable for you. If you don't like whats on it, just delete it. It has two USB connections for extra storage or to just play files from a thumb drive.

Note: the Hub version (this one), does not have built in WiFi like the non-Hub version. It relies on GigE only. It may be compatible with some USB Wifi sticks, but you'll have to research that.

Asking $150 shipped. Actual Photos below.

IMGP08181280x848.jpg~original
IMGP08201280x848.jpg~original
IMGP08191280x848.jpg~original
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments