Case for the 4 Shot

Options
Wuzz Ranger
Wuzz Ranger Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Video Games
Do you guys carry your headphones in cases? If so, what do you have. I'm currently looking for something to keep my headphones clear of any damage when I'm not using them.

Thanks,
Post edited by Wuzz Ranger on

Comments

• GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I slide them into my enterntainment center, to keep it away from my wife and daughter. But it would be nice to have a little carrying case with later versions. Nothing to flashy, just feasible.

Do you guys carry your headphones in cases? If so, what do you have. I'm currently looking for something to keep my headphones clear of any damage when I'm not using them.

Thanks,
  • Wuzz Ranger
    edited March 2014
    Options
    HAHA Ya I do the same thing. I have a small plastic tub I keep mine in. Would like to take them to work minus the blue plastic grocery store bag though.
    I slide them into my enterntainment center, to keep it away from my wife and daughter. But it would be nice to have a little carrying case with later versions. Nothing to flashy, just feasible.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Options
    HAHA Ya I do the same thing. I have a small plastic tub I keep mine in. Would like to take them to work minus the blue plastic grocery store bag though.

I use this.
    http://www.slappa.com/HardBody-PRO-Full-Size-Headphone-case?sc=2&category=134

I took a few pics (see attached). Sorry for sub-standard photo quality.

Ive had the case for about 3 weeks and it works awesome. Well made, fuzzy inside, semi-hard case outside. Zippers are heavy duty. I use these to game 2-4hrs/night and bring them to work. Fits in my messenger bag ok, but I think im going to move to a backpack soon. The case is universal and there are some GIANT headphones out there, and the Polks fit in this case no problem, but the drawback is the size of the case. Out of all the cases I checked out, this one was on the larger side, but well worth it IMO, I'll take a little bulk to protect $150+ high quality, multi-use headphones. Price is competitive as well. I got mine from Amazon.
  • Wuzz Ranger
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bamf, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I am returning the 4 Shots tonight. The chat feature hasn't been fixed and I have until Saturday to return them. Not blaming Polk or Microsoft but somebody didn't do their testing before shipping these out. Being a first time customer to Polk, I'm a little disappointed, my blame points to both Microsoft and Polk for rushing and not testing out the product in it's entirety. The Astro gaming site states that Microsoft is pushing a patch for them next week for their headsets. Let's hope you all get your update soon.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bamf, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I am returning the 4 Shots tonight. The chat feature hasn't been fixed and I have until Saturday to return them. Not blaming Polk or Microsoft but somebody didn't do their testing before shipping these out. Being a first time customer to Polk, I'm a little disappointed, my blame points to both Microsoft and Polk for rushing and not testing out the product in it's entirety. The Astro gaming site states that Microsoft is pushing a patch for them next week for their headsets. Let's hope you all get your update soon.

Sorry to hear that you will be returning your 4shots. I have the melee version (got my XB1 adapter delivered today). I have a buddy who got 4shots and he used them last night while playing titanfall. he did sound a bit muffled, but I could still hear him on the cheap mic that came with the XB1.

Dont get me wrong, I am a bit disappointed with the mic issue, but remember that the issue is not with Polk headphones, its the Microsoft Adapter and controller software setup. So regardless of whether or not you return the 4shots and get another headphone setup (that uses the controller for chat), the issue will remain until Microsoft steps up to the plate and releases a patch. Also, the patch that Astro states is coming from MS will be a controller side patch and is not brand specific. The patch should fix all headphone mic issues across the board.

Keep in mind, whatever headphones you end up with, that case will likely still fit them.

Good Luck!