The Pig is in the POLK!!! XBOX ONE HEADSET ADAPTERS are being MAILED TODAY!

Superdude
Superdude Posts: 34
edited April 2014 in Video Games
Yippeee!!! They are being shipped today! I called and confirmed! We may get them in time for TITANFALL!
Post edited by Superdude on

Comments

• SwiftyCG
    SwiftyCG Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    I went to best buy and bought mine just in case it didn't come in time and I will just return it when my Polk one comes. =)
  • TG Bingo
    TG Bingo Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Will we get a email to allow us to know if they shipped it to us?
  • La Pistola
    La Pistola Posts: 17
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I just registered today (because my melee just now came in), and I'd like to know when to expect it :)
  • La Pistola
    edited March 2014
    SwiftyCG wrote: »
    I went to best buy and bought mine just in case it didn't come in time and I will just return it when my Polk one comes. =)

Don't you also need a cable? or does it come with one?
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    La Pistola wrote: »
    Don't you also need a cable? or does it come with one?
    The Polk headset adapter will have a 48" cable included. You'll still need a 3.55mm 4-pole male-to-male audio cable if you purchase the MS adapter. The cable that comes packed in with the MS headset adapter converts 2.5mm to 3.5mm.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited March 2014
    It comes with the cable and is supposed to be shipping today or so according to Joe on their Facebook page.
  • La Pistola
    edited March 2014
    I mean, does the MS adapter come with a cable?

If I went and bough one.. would I be able to use it with the melee, or would I be missing a cable?
  • SwiftyCG
    edited March 2014
    La Pistola wrote: »
    I mean, does the MS adapter come with a cable?

If I went and bough one.. would I be able to use it with the melee, or would I be missing a cable?
    You would be missing the cable I bought one and was going to use it until polks came (same thing) but it doesn't have the cable so if you use the mobile cord it uses the inline mic.
  • Zeros
    edited March 2014
    I know the polk adapter comes with the cable but I doubt the MS one does. Melee adapters are starting to ship out today so you might want to just wait.
  • TangentialShark
    TangentialShark Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    Why do people say Polk adapter and Microsoft adapter as if they are different? The stereo adapters that Polk is shipping to us is the exact SAME one you can buy at the store from Microsoft.
  • SwiftyCG
    edited March 2014
    Why do people say Polk adapter and Microsoft adapter as if they are different? The stereo adapters that Polk is shipping to us is the exact SAME one you can buy at the store from Microsoft.
    True but polk will ship a extra cord for you to use instead of the inline mic one for tablets/phones
  • TangentialShark
    TangentialShark Posts: 11
    edited March 2014
    Oh ok, that makes sense. I was wondering how I would connect my Melee to the stereo adapter. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • Bamf
    Bamf Posts: 28
    edited March 2014
    SOOOOO, who has recieved an email confirmation saying that their adapter has shipped?

On the forums here, this thread
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?158032-Xbox-One-Melee-Adapter-Latest-ETA/page2

We are being told that an email will be sent when the adapter ships. I for one, have NOT received a shipped notice. Just curious as to who may have. Once someone can confirm that they actually received a shipped notice, then I might believe the hype.......until then, after being told by moderators here, phone customer service, and getting the below from [email protected] (the folks running the adapter promo), sounds like the info being given is contradicting.

"We do not have an exact date as to when the adapter will be available. But your name is on the list to receive one.

Thank You for contacting Polk!"

****UPDATE***** - so I just checked out the Facebook page for Polk, here are some comments from Polk and Joe the COO about ship status. Notice how no mention of email confirmation, BUT, they are saying receipt of adapter on Mon or Tues next week, at least out to CO, Im in AZ, so timing should be similar.

Polk Audio "Alex Glose, you should receive the headset adapter from our Melee promotion on Monday or Tuesday
    Like · 2 · 19 hours ago"

Joe Tristani "Alex, Joe the COO here, it is shipping tonight from Cali, look for it to arrive in CO on Monday. Do you recall the reps name? email me [email protected]
    Like · 3 · 17 hours ago"

Crossing fingers!
  • Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited March 2014
    Just a heads up, folks. I'm in Southern California and the package from Polk showed up on my doorstep on Saturday, March 8th @ 4:00 PM PST. The package included the MS headset adapter, 48" 3.5mm (4-pole) male-to-male audio cable, micro adapter USB cable (to update your controller), and a controller firmware instruction sheet.
  • Superdude
    Superdude Posts: 34
    edited March 2014
    Received email and tracking number. Check you emails!
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited March 2014
    Yup, just received my shipping information via e-mail today.
  • SwiftyCG
    edited March 2014
    Live in Michigan so no adapter until Thursday. =(
  • sframsden3
    edited March 2014
    SwiftyCG wrote: »
    Live in Michigan so no adapter until Thursday. =(

Same here, at least that's what the tracking is showing for us...
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    No email here...............
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Bamf wrote: »
    No email here...............

I also had Sheila Edwards from Polk confirm my account profile details (email address and shipping address)
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Got confirmation today that adapters are shipping in waves. First wave is out, second is due for delivery to Polk today and will ship tomorrow and so on.

Email confirmations ARE going out, so if you havent gotten one yet, its highly likely that you are in a different shipping wave.

Im in the second wave, so mine goes out tomorrow.

So keep the faith folks, they are shipping and they are notifying via email when shipped to you.
  • La Pistola
    edited March 2014
    :( I was really late to the party, Mine probably won't be here for a long while.
  • Sojhinn
    Sojhinn Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Got confirmation today that adapters are shipping in waves. First wave is out, second is due for delivery to Polk today and will ship tomorrow and so on.

Email confirmations ARE going out, so if you havent gotten one yet, its highly likely that you are in a different shipping wave.

Im in the second wave, so mine goes out tomorrow.

So keep the faith folks, they are shipping and they are notifying via email when shipped to you.

Where did you hear this?
  • sframsden3
    edited March 2014
    Sojhinn wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

Probably either e-mailed or called them...
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Where did you hear this?

Joe Tristani COO Polk Audio and Sheila Edwards who is involved with running adapter promo @ Polk Audio. All comms thru email.
  • Sojhinn
    Sojhinn Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    Joe Tristani COO Polk Audio and Sheila Edwards who is involved with running adapter promo @ Polk Audio. All comms thru email.

Wanted to confirm this. Got a confirmation email this morning that my adapter shipped yesterday. I registered my melees on March 3rd too.
  • Zeros
    edited March 2014
    FYI, I received my adapter today via FedEx, so they are definitely on the way.

I registered mine on 1/4.
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    Wanted to confirm this. Got a confirmation email this morning that my adapter shipped yesterday. I registered my melees on March 3rd too.

Confirmed here also. Received shipped email notification 3/12/14. Actual ship date was 3/11/14 (as promised). Fedex notificationof delivered today 3/13/14 at my house.
  • sframsden3
    edited March 2014
    My gaming bud and I received ours today as well. Well done Polk, well done!
  • Bamf
    edited March 2014
    sframsden3 wrote: »
    My gaming bud and I received ours today as well. Well done Polk, well done!

+100000000

A thank you is def in order. This does reinforce my confidence in the brand and that Polk does take care of their customers when concerns arise.

NOW, lets get that mic issue taken care of :-)

CMON Microsoft!! get your ish together and get that patch out ASAP! :-p