Polk RTA 11t vintage speakers for sale

Indyaudio2
Indyaudio2 Posts: 127
edited March 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale, my Polk RTA 11t home audio speakers @ $275.

Black Oak oiled veneer cabinets in great shape cosmetically, producing outstanding audio sound. This was the top of the RTA line in Polk speakers, paired mid drivers and tuned paired passive radiators produce clean, tight bass, down below 20hz! SL 2000 dome tweeter produces silky smooth highs.

Great tower design with narrow profile and deeper cabinet width on the sides. Grilles are in new condition. They are very efficient at 94 db, easy on amps at 6 ohms, and will take power up to 250 watts per channel and get quite loud while remaining very clean.

Thinning the collection, these will not disappoint in any way and compete with speakers many time the price. Vintage rare Polks from when they made some of the best speakers available. Retailed for $950.

Years of Production: 1990-1992

Original MSRP: $950/pair

Drivers: 1 - 1" SL2000 coil dome tweeter, 2 - 6.5" midrange, 2 - 8" passive radiators (each tuned to different frequencies)

Dimensions: 39"H x 10.5"W x 14"D

Weight: 44 pounds each

Specifications

Frequency Response: 18Hz - 26kHz

Impedence: 6 Ohms

Recommended Power: 10 - 250 watts per channel

Efficiency: 94dB

Excellent overall condition with oiled real veneer cabinets and all drivers in excellent condition. Only minor flaw is a bit of veneer chipping.

IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0153-1.jpg
IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
Post edited by Indyaudio2 on

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited March 2014
    Still available?
  • Indyaudio2
    edited March 2014
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Still available?

Yep, just listed within the last hour - your would officially be first for interested buyers. Let me know what you'd like to do, send PM or reply here, thanks
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2014
    The top of the Polk "RTA" line was the RTA-15. RTA-8t, RTA-11t and "TL", and RTA-15.

Sub 20cps low end is kind of a stretch for those. I've had about 8 pair.
  • Indyaudio2
    edited March 2014
    The top of the Polk "RTA" line was the RTA-15. RTA-8t, RTA-11t and "TL", and RTA-15.

Sub 20cps low end is kind of a stretch for those. I've had about 8 pair.

Polk quotes 18hz low is all I was saying.

At the point they released these, from the Polk site, they were top.

Don't care to argue either way on either point.

Thanks for your input and apparently you like them for owning more pair of these than most people have owned any speakers in a lifetime. Or maybe you just like to resell them, so why not offer something constructive here? thanks.
  • oldrocker
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, a friend of mine is looking to get into Polk. I'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know what he's wanting to do.
  • oldrocker
    edited March 2014
    Indyaudio2,
    My friend will not be making the purchase.
    GLWTS!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,272
    edited March 2014
    I've had about 8 pair.

Dang George they must be like crack just can't get enough...:lol:
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2014
    No need to worry, all of Polk's, or most of Polk's Freq. Response info on SDAs suffers from the same problem. Probably a -10 db rating (or the lowest discernable frequency; one that is not really very loud).

These towers put out plenty of bass. All George was pointing out is that almost NO towers, regardless of price, can reach to 18 Hz. Most are lucky if they can pump out a hearable 30 hz signal at +/- 3 db.

If I were closer, I'd throw my hat into the ring here!

GLWTS!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2014
    Teaching somebody a little bit about the speakers they've owned for 20 years might be constructive.

They were also "fluid-coupled" which is a term Polk may or may not have coined.

I liked them enough (RTA11t) to buy two pair right away in 1989. I sold those within a couple years to finance the purchase of a different pair of speakers (Carver Amazing Plat's.). Then in 1999 we added a room to the house. Seemed logical to put a couple pair in there so I did. Lasted a couple years and I sold them to finance the purchase of a different pair of speakers (AR-9).

And I have picked up and sold several pair in my dealings since then. It's a popular speaker here, and there's a lot of stuff in print regarding what people have done to take them passed plain vanilla RTA11t.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,467
    edited March 2014
    What? No spikes? Ha, ha, good luck with the sale. I had a pair of those in the TL version. If you were within an hour or two I'd take em'...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Indyaudio2
    edited March 2014
    Teaching somebody a little bit about the speakers they've owned for 20 years might be constructive.

They were also "fluid-coupled" which is a term Polk may or may not have coined.

I liked them enough (RTA11t) to buy two pair right away in 1989. I sold those within a couple years to finance the purchase of a different pair of speakers (Carver Amazing Plat's.). Then in 1999 we added a room to the house. Seemed logical to put a couple pair in there so I did. Lasted a couple years and I sold them to finance the purchase of a different pair of speakers (AR-9).

And I have picked up and sold several pair in my dealings since then. It's a popular speaker here, and there's a lot of stuff in print regarding what people have done to take them passed plain vanilla RTA11t.

These comments were indeed constructive
  • Indyaudio2
    edited March 2014
    Make me an offer, would like to sell these speakers to and enthusiast and not put on Ebay….thanks
  • Indyaudio2
    edited March 2014