I finally got the Mudorf Silver/Gold/Oil output caps in for my VK-200!

Options
headrott
headrott Posts: 5,484
edited March 2014 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
These are the last things I need to install into my VK-200 to complete the work! Almost there. Unfortunately, it took 8, yes 8 days shipping first class from Illinois to Oregon?? WTF?? Did some govenmental agency think they were "weapons of mass distruction" and hold them up to "inspect" them for days??

Anyway, I will be installing them as soon as I post this. :smile:

Can't wait to fire the VK-200 up again and listen to some music! Pics are below per the rules.....:smile:

Edit: The seller sent me some free mundorf silver solder with the caps as well. Anyone ver use this solder? How does it compare to the Cardas Quadeutectic?
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You're going to have fun fitting those.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Naaah. They are actually exactly the same diameter, and about 6mm shorter than the BAT stock caps. They just look big in the pictures.

Already got the leads bent and am about to solder them in. I will post pics after I do.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited March 2014
    Options
    OK, got 'em in. I just have to put the amp back together now. :smile
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nice - looking forward to your listening impressions!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VCoak
    VCoak Posts: 200
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If I may ask, what type of solder will you use. I am still and always will be in the learning curve.

mco
    W4S SX-1000, Adcom gfp-750, Polk 1.2tl, W4S DAC 2 DSDse, 2012 mac mini (mod), JRivers ver. 19, WD Cloud NAS 2 t.b., Monster Cable AVS-2000 signature, Doug's Alpha I/C & Doug's biwire 6' speaker cables
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nice work.They are small values,are they for power supply bypass or signal coupling?
  • headrott
    edited March 2014
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    Nice - looking forward to your listening impressions!

Will do!
    VCoak wrote: »
    If I may ask, what type of solder will you use. I am still and always will be in the learning curve.

mco

Many of us use Cardas Quadeutectic solder. I used it on this project, but as I said I received some Mundorf solder free with the Mundorf caps. I haven't used it before though.
    FTGV wrote: »
    Nice work.They are small values,are they for power supply bypass or signal coupling?

The 0.22uF Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps are signal coupling caps.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Got it completed. Pics below.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg