Melee Optical Output

Options
james41079
james41079 Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in Headphones
So I just received my Melee headset and realized that I do not have an optical out on my XBOX 360. It is an old model and its the arcade version. I am getting the XBOX One in a few weeks but was wondering what the optical cord actually does because I just plugged it into my tv instead and the usb into the controller usb and I have all my audio but no microphone. So is the optical being plugged into the tv instead of the system my issue with gamechat?

Thx
Post edited by james41079 on

Comments

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You need the mix amp plugged into your 360 controller for game chat. The optical is just to send sound to the headset, not for chat.
  • D34THxST4LK3R96
    D34THxST4LK3R96 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Options
    hello all new to the room and just thought I'd throw some thing out to get a feel for what yall think whats everyone think about if Polk Audio would go with making a headset with COD for their type gaming .I know the Melee is by forza & Halo but that's not a headset for all so what do you think let me and all at POLK what we think
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited February 2014
    Options
    the old 360 has an optical on the original A/v cable, the component annd analog cable is switched and has an optical jack, noot sure if you can useit with hdmi though
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA