800va Dreadnought build

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,041
edited February 2014 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
That transformer is a tank :)

Not quite finished yet but close, going to deaden the chassis a bit before shipping.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• VCoak
    VCoak Posts: 200
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Vr3 very nice. May I ask the cost? I sure could use one. Thx.

mco
    W4S SX-1000, Adcom gfp-750, Polk 1.2tl, W4S DAC 2 DSDse, 2012 mac mini (mod), JRivers ver. 19, WD Cloud NAS 2 t.b., Monster Cable AVS-2000 signature, Doug's Alpha I/C & Doug's biwire 6' speaker cables
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Very nice, you will sell a few of these. Seems a few people have been wanting them for awhile now..
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Great looking transformer. Am I right in seeing all connections being handled in one multipole connector per channel?
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Trey,

As always, well done. Great idea to use the Neutrik connectors.

As if you don't have enough to do, now you're getting into the Dreadnought business!

Onward and upward!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• VR3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey guys!

Thank you!

This is for a client using my Monastery build 1.2TL - when I do this I use shotgun style wiring for the SDA cable which translates to a 9 awg SDA cable. So IE: 1+/1- = PIN, 2+/2- = Blade

So as you can see in the picture, each wire goes to a specific number and is wired together at the plate when we plugs them into his speakers. If he were to sell the dreadnought down the road a bridge connector would have to be put in place or the next owner would have to wire theirs the same way.

As far as pricing -

Plain aluminum case, the larger of the 800va transformers, NL4 connectors, tech flex, disconnects, upgraded rubber feet, dampened chassis, 1 x 15 ft 13 Awg Supra SDA Cable, engraved plates for rear, basically a drop in addition to a speaker we have already modified would be $500 + Shipping/Paypal

If you wanted to go to a powder coated chassis and the upgraded cable it would be around $660
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Dun dun dun
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Outstanding work sir!!!!!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • VR3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,907
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Very nice Trey!! Did you have the box custom made?

No I'm not going to make one, I have four of my own that I made.. LOL!!!

I hope you at least got a little chuckle out of that.. ;-)
  • VR3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I chuckled a bit ;)

The enclosure is of Chinese origins, it originally was straight aluminum and I had it powder coated black. It looks mighty purdy in black though! ;)

Thanks again guys!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited February 2014
    Options
    SiliconRay?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It was an EBay seller, took a while to find a chassis that fit the dimensions I needed.

I drilled out the NL4 connections, that wasn't factory.