On Removing SPAM Posts

Options
Speedskater
Speedskater Posts: 495
edited February 2014 in Forum Testing Area
When the moderators remove a SPAM post from an old or current thread, it might be good if they insert a note saying what happened. Otherwise the next post seems to be a non-sequitur.
Post edited by Speedskater on

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I agree, but these days there is too much work/not enough mods here, it's fortunate that the spam gets removed at all.

There are still so many idiots joining and posting garbage, I imagine being a web admin here is/was likely a FT job?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited February 2014
    Options
    VBulletin has an option on the moderator panel to "Delete other posts and threads started by the affected users". This is great when members reply on a thread started by said spammer, the whole thing disappears. It's when a spammer posts the spam on a thread created by a member that it becomes too much of a chore to check every thread to clean up. Especially when a spammer has multiple spam posts on multiple threads not started by him/her/bot.

The best way to eliminate this from happening is (as a member) NOT to post anything. Just report the post/spammer and move on.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~