Indyaudio2 Posts: 127
edited February 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg

For sale, my pair of 1.2 TLs - $2K. Purchased from original owner, doctor several years ago. They are like new, not sure I see a flaw anywhere, but lets rated them 9.5/10 to be safe.

They have not been modified or updated by original owner, nor by me. They sound simply amazing and the bass produced is second to none. I've powered them with either Sunfire 300~2 bi wired or even used two of these bi amped. Best sound I've ever had with Sunfire on the lows and a pair of McIntosh MC30 tube mono blocks on highs, WOW!

Comes with the AI-1 cable and the serial numbers are 6xxx something, so good for using this cable and ungrounded amps. Original driver array - SL3000 tweeters; 6503 and 6511 mid woofers; SW150 passive radiators. Includes perfect grilles and the biwire jumpers for the terminals.

Have enjoyed the heck out of these for several years. Have also become fond of some other brands too and I need the space in my Audio room. Thought I'd offer these here first versus Ebay. You know how big and heavy they are, so you will need to come pick up and bring friends to help you get them up a flight of stairs and out the door ( I will assist, but it took 3 of us per speaker getting them in). You can hear them in action as I will not move or disconnect them until you hand me the cash.

Pics are not great as they are installed in my room, no windows, lighting dark and tight in there. Believe me, they are as new and you know what they look like anyway. I can send some others from day of delivery in my garage.

Let me know if any questions. I will get back to you promptly, thanks.
Post edited by Indyaudio2 on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,122
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Endershadow... Time is now to step up and go SRS....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ha, not gonna happen. That's money for closing costs on a house.

Besides not sure I have a setup (even in the new house) that will be conducive to SDAs.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dan, he didn't mean to listen to.......he meant to live in!! You won't have to worry about closing costs. You can set up a listening room with your LSi's inside them :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Couple more tidbits:
    Rear label reads "SRS 1.2" and Crossover faceplate has 4 bolt heads top and bottom with one in the middle. Rated at 6 ohms and should play nice with an 8 ohm source; rated at 91 DB, they don't need much power, but they do open up quite well with over 200 watts per side. Pin/Blade cable (AI-1 version with the big transformer). They have the factory round feet, no spikes. They have the holes for the wall brace, never been used/tapped, still have the factory plugs.

Came from original owner non smoking home and into mine, same. No funky smells, odors, etc.

Hard to beat condition and all signs confirm these are the ones - the 1.2TL, the king of the Polk hill. Come and get the Holy Grail.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,391
    edited January 2014
    Options
    These aren't gone yet? What the.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,845
    edited January 2014
    Options
    25 posts in one day, we knew something was coming up for sale.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have seen and heard these bad boys. They are just as described. Dead mint and sound incredible.
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    These aren't gone yet? What the.....

Tom

LOL Tom!
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    25 posts in one day, we knew something was coming up for sale.

Damm F1, you are good! Sorry, I know that was kind of cheesy. I will try to be a more consistent participant here and on our Carver site too.
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I have seen and heard these bad boys. They are just as described. Dead mint and sound incredible.

Thanks my friend! Will make someone looking for these bad boys a happy dawg or hawg:)
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'd like to hear a pair of 1.2's to see how they compare with my 2.3's.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Are these still available?
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Are these still available?

Yes still available PM for details thanks
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if only I had the room and wasn't already trying to sell big speakers myself. I always wanted 1.2TL's :(
  • Indyaudio2
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wish you were a little closer....I would bug you to have a listen before you sell them. No space or funds for a 2 ch rig for right now.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Indyaudio2
    edited February 2014
    Options
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So who's the fortunate person that got these?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Indyaudio2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sold locally, non Polk member
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Congrats on the sale!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • Indyaudio2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    trav0810 wrote: »
    Congrats on the sale!