xbox 360

Options
jacks2start
jacks2start Posts: 98
edited February 2014 in Video Games
my daughters xbox 360 hard drive is messed up,, time now to decide weather to just buy a ps4 or a xbox1 or repair the hard drive .. any thoughts on this?
Post edited by jacks2start on

Comments

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'd get the drive repaired, I would wait till all the bugs are worked out of the new ones and the prices go down.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'd get the drive repaired, I would wait till all the bugs are worked out of the new ones and the prices go down.
    Makes a lot of sense Rob, the drive for the XBOX 360 are about $75.00 or so ??? Agree on waiting a year for the bugs to be worked out on the newer consoles and by then ,maybe the price will come down a bit and there will be a few more new games to choose from.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    most usb HDD and flash drives work as xbox memory, so long as they are formatted for windows, used a 32gb flash for my old xbox, toshiba hdd run aroud 55-70 for a 500GB, 85-105 for 1TB, and 110-130 for 1.5 TB, and 130-160 for @tb, for the portaable ones. a toshiba full size 3TB runs around 120
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    and they can be used for more than just the xbox.
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited January 2014
    Options
    most usb HDD and flash drives work as xbox memory, so long as they are formatted for windows, used a 32gb flash for my old xbox, toshiba hdd run aroud 55-70 for a 500GB, 85-105 for 1TB, and 110-130 for 1.5 TB, and 130-160 for @tb, for the portaable ones. a toshiba full size 3TB runs around 120

Point to remember on this is that it will only work for 20gb of space, unless they lifted those restrictions. Which if you have a 60gb or higher now, you might want more space.

I have an XB1, love it, but so far the game selection isn't that great. What type of xbox 360 do you have? Premium? Elite? Slim? You should be able to find one of the older style (premium, elite) hard drives for a decent price used somewhere, have you looked into that?

Edit - Case in point,
    20gb for $20 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/280807538203?lpid=82
    120gb for elite, $40 - http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-hard-drive-120gb-gs-refurb/73822
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i used a 32gb with no problems
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i used a 32gb with no problems

Apparently the max has been raised to 32gb since the last I looked. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/xbox-360-usb-data-storage-limit-doubled-to-32gb/

Just saying that if they buy a 250 gb usb drive thinking they will be able to use all of it, they will be sadly disappointed. Not to mention, the above links I posted - $40 for a MS refurbed 120gb elite drive is a decent deal. Less than a 32gb flash drive (or about the same) and you'd get better performance.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    TurboGTU wrote: »
    Apparently the max has been raised to 32gb since the last I looked. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/xbox-360-usb-data-storage-limit-doubled-to-32gb/

Just saying that if they buy a 250 gb usb drive thinking they will be able to use all of it, they will be sadly disappointed. Not to mention, the above links I posted - $40 for a MS refurbed 120gb elite drive is a decent deal. Less than a 32gb flash drive (or about the same) and you'd get better performance.
    Great point, i didnt do any research first, just posted from my experience and prices i have seen on usb drives
  • Hofy
    Hofy Posts: 169
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would also replace the HDD and save some $$. The PS4 and XB1 are still too new. I usually stay a generation behind for cost and bugs to ironed out.