Screw central Texas, I'm moving to Antarctica where it's warm!

Options
exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited January 2014 in The Clubhouse
Something seriously wrong here...
1548107_10104305926864924_1212268593_o.jpg
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,195
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, it is the middle of summer there. I don't think you will like the weather there in July and August.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • exalted512
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, we get winter Texans down here every year. I might just become a winter Antarctican...Antarcticnite...whatever they're called.
    -Cody
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited January 2014
    Options
    It's gonna be -12 here in Ohio tomorrow, and thats without windchill. Coldest in 20 plus years they are saying.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What are they calling it? A "Polar Vortex". Texas? Really.

27 degrees? We just hit that for the first time in weeks "today" (actually we're above freezing) and everything is melting, flooding and icing up. Tomorrow? A high of 15, low of 0. And sheets of refrozen ICE as far as the eye can see. I'd take Texas weather "any" day, tomorrow, in fact with a predicted high of 51 degrees?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited January 2014
    Options
    High of -11 here today. Had -46 with wind chill effect - like 78 degrees below freezing!!!

Same tomorrow. : (

Haven't been needing my ball room jeans lately....
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Austin rarely ever sees temps below 32 ....you guys up in north Texas got it bad ... low of 24 here .... I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt....wish I had some tube amps on a night like tonight ...well other nights also ..
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    edited January 2014
    Options
    fossy wrote: »
    Austin rarely ever sees temps below 32 ....you guys up in north Texas got it bad ... low of 24 here .... I actually had to put on a long sleeve shirt....wish I had some tube amps on a night like tonight ...well other nights also ..

And the one time it did ice 3 years ago it caused the closing on my house to be delayed:) Imagine, can't close on a house because people at a bank in Austin can't get to work because of the roads. It happened...and the sellers were acting like we were somehow to blame. You can't make this stuff up.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • cnh
    edited January 2014
    Options
    fossy wrote: »

That sounds about right. I've never been to Texas but if my memory serves me correctly, Austin and College Station are almost on the same latitude? No? 30.25 N is pretty far south for those of us above 44.6 N?

cnh

• exalted512
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Austin has a smug cloud though. Keeps them a little warmer than College Station :)
    -Cody
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited January 2014
    Options
    One of the coldest winters on record in many (if not most) parts of the country....and where's Al Gore and all his global warming theorist pals? Al?......Anybody?.....Bueller?

(crickets)
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited January 2014
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    One of the coldest winters on record in many (if not most) parts of the country....and where's Al Gore and all his global warming theorist pals? Al?......Anybody?.....Bueller?

(crickets)

He already got his billion $ thanks to that bs, so screw us :lol: It's actually not that bad. I like it cold once in a while. Put a bucket of water out yesterday night; went out and checked a couple hours ago: a thick block of ice was still in there. Cool!
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The wind has whipped up here in Baltimore. Expecting around -15 wind chills overnight with single digit windchill during the day tomorrow.

Bring it on! Plenty warm inside my castle!
    No excuses!
  • deronb1
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Tsk...tsk....all these years and still the average joe doesnt understand the basic principles of global warming.
  • cnh
    edited January 2014
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Tsk...tsk....all these years and still the average joe doesnt understand the basic principles of global warming.

I'm predicting a heat wave that will end "all" heat waves THIS summer (or was that last summer? I have to remember that Economists can only reason in QUARTERS)! That ought to throw a fly in this ointment. lol Wild, crazy, unstable, and unpredictable oscillations in weather patterns...sound "familiar" (Fractal geometry and Chaos Theory, maybe)? Maybe not. Like Nietzsche's Zarathustra we've come too early! lol

Haven't read Thus Spake Zarathustra? That's OK, how about Ortega y Gasset's Revolt of the Masses? Camus's The Rebel? Gide's The Immoralist? Schopenhaeur's World and Will as Representation. No? That's OK because we all know about "something"! And achieve that certainty because...? We experience NO Cartesian doubt in any aspect of our lives here?

cnh

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited January 2014
    Options
    70 below here today
  • deronb1
    edited January 2014
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    I'm predicting a heat wave that will end "all" heat waves THIS summer! That ought to throw a fly in this ointment. lol Wild, crazy, unstable, and unpredictable oscillations in weather patterns...sound "familiar" (Fractal geometry and Chaos Theory, maybe)? Maybe not. Like Nietzsche's Zarathustra we've come too early! lol

Haven't read Thus Spake Zarathustra? That's OK, how about Ortega y Gasset's Revolt of the Masses? Camus's The Rebel? Gide's The Immoralist? Schopenhaeur's World and Will as Representation. No? That's OK because we all know about "something"!

cnh

Maybe we have! We here will all be dead before any real catoclysmic events will occur do to it. A gradual effect that doent grow exponentially. So who cares right?
  • exalted512
    edited January 2014
    Options
    On second thought, this base in Antarctica is slightly warmer than the first one I posted.
    1548219_10104306869750374_1563967208_o.jpg
    -Cody
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah, rather chilly here in nowhere indiana. Brrr
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited January 2014
    Options
    On the good side, in a couple of days we'll be back to normal, highs in the 60's. Besides in my line of work a couple of cold snaps means that I may not have to dig into the savings account.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,473
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I would much rather put on clothes,than take them off
    Randy/Maine