MIT StyleLine Cable Demo/Review Round 5 USA

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,860
edited March 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
The MIT cable demo/review is back for Round 5, this time with the new StyleLine series cables!!!

MIT informs me that the technology in these cables is better than the Shotgun series, so if any of you that participated in the last demo want to try these, by all means sign up. The StyleLine series are only available in stores or direct from MIT. A list of dealers and more information can be found at www.mitcables.com

This demo consists of the following:

(1) 15 foot pair of StyleLine SL 12 speaker interfaces (single runs)
(1) 10 foot single Styleline SL 12 speaker interface (center channel)
(2) 1 meter pairs of StyleLine SL 8 RCA interconnects
(1) 2 meter StyleLine Plus USB interface
(1) 2 meter HDMI 3D cable

I think that should cover those that want to demo these cables in their 2 channel music and/or HT rigs along with computer/server based systems. You don’t have to use all of the cables, just the ones that fit your needs.

If you want to be on the list, have read, understand and meet the requirements contact me via email or PM. If you want off the list, please notify me. This demo will be restricted to the 48 USA continuous.

REQUIREMENTS:

-More than six months in Club Polk of ACTIVE and PRODUCTIVE participation, so say at least 100 posts.

-You will provide to me via email or PM your full name, home address, email address and 2 phone numbers before you can participate. Failure to provide that info will result in you being removed from the list.

-You'll have to pay for shipping (and packaging if needed) when you send them to the next in line. They can only be shipped via UPS or FedEx with tracking, signature required and insured for $1940.00. Please be aware that the shipping cost may be more than you realize, but still a small price to pay to try these excellent cables in your own rig.

-If there is any damage or the cables are lost, the sender will need to file and follow up the claim with the carrier.

HOW IT WORKS:

-Each demo will last no more than 2 weeks. That is plenty of time to demo these and will allow more people to get their ears on them in a shorter time frame.

-Color code for the list:
Yellow - that person has the cables.
Green - those folks are green with envy. Not to worry though, you will turn yellow soon.
Blue - those folks are done with the cables and now have the blues, which can only be cured by purchasing a set of MIT cables.
Red - you don't want to see this color, so post your review within one week!

-I will provide to each sender the shipping info for the next person in line via the email address you provide. Make sure they are accurate.

-The sender will provide to me via email or PM the tracking info when you ship.

-The receiver will notify me via email or PM when the cables arrive. Your 2 week demo time starts then.

-I don't want to hear any excuses about delays in shipping. In fact, I don't care if you are dead, just ship them. I hope that is clear enough.

-Once you are done, YOU MUST POST A REVIEW IN THIS THREAD WITHIN ONE WEEK, outlining your experience/thoughts of how the cables performed, be it better or not than what you compared them with. It doesn't have to be a professional review, just write something. A list of associated gear would be nice. Failure to post a review will result in the closure of the demo program. Believe it when I say, you do not want that on your shoulders.

-The cables will be sent back to MIT once the demo is finished. This could be once there are no more people on the list or at any time MIT decides they want them back. MIT may want to swap these cables out with another model at some point. If that happens, the next person on the list will get extra demo time to allow for burn in.

-These are not your cables, so treat them with respect. Please pack them up as you hopefully received them, nice and neat. Do not apply any kind of air freshener, funk juice, etc. to the cables and this is very important, do not attempt to open the network boxes.

Enjoy!!!

Here's the demo participant's list:

MITDemoRound5USA_zpsed151d9e.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,048
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Count me in Sir. However I may want to be down the list a little as I wait on all of my new gear.
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for pulling this together for us!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Are they broken in, or do the first few reviewers get the pleasure?

I would like to try this since I am thinking of bumping up the HT speaker cables. The ICs are Shotgun S1.3 XLR, so I hope these ICs aren't better.

PM with info on the way. I think you forgot to ask for a credit card number as security. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Great news. Thanks! PM sent.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Are they broken in, or do the first few reviewers get the pleasure?

I believe MIT will cook them a bit before shipping, but they will still need more burn-in time.
    I would like to try this since I am thinking of bumping up the HT speaker cables. The ICs are Shotgun S1.3 XLR, so I hope these ICs aren't better.

We're going to find out. :smile:
    I think you forgot to ask for a credit card number as security. :smile:

No worries, a swat team is on standby.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If the speaker cables are not bi wire, any way possible for them to include a jumper so were not mixing another brand jumper with the mit cables?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    If the speaker cables are not bi wire, any way possible for them to include a jumper so were not mixing another brand jumper with the mit cables?

They are single runs, not bi-wires. I'll check on the jumpers. How many other folks would like jumpers?

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This sounds pretty good, PM sent. And I would like to try a set of jumpers as well if they are available.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'd use jumpers if they're available, but not a huge deal if they're not.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,797
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm in, but I'm moving so I too would like to be towards the end. I'd like to get a fell for the new room's characteristics.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • erniejade
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks F1. I think if we are testing the MIT cables, having a stock jumper or a different brand jumper will change the sound. An example, I am using DH labs currently and a DH labs jumper to the tops. I used to run an AQ jumper before I matched the jumper with the speaker cable, the sound of my mids and highs changed.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'll send you my info when I get home. Fortunately, my new speaks show up on Friday which give me a little bit of time to get them burned in.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Guys, please include your email addy.

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OK. And I've cleaned my inbox.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    As it stands now we have 9 members signed up and one in the wings, a pretty good start. Thanks guys.

President of Club Polk

• mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm in too. Required info sent by PM. Any timing is good for me. Thanks
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Don't forget us Canucks would like jumpers as well Please or at least I would as I'm using bi-wire MITs now..
    Thanks
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,048
    edited January 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    They are single runs, not bi-wires. I'll check on the jumpers. How many other folks would like jumpers?

I would like jumpers for my SDA-2.3TL. But if not that is fine.
  • erniejade
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Any word about jumpers for the speaker end?

Thanks again for putting this all together.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Update: Things were put on hold while MIT was at CES, but are swinging back to action.....won't be long now. Are there any other interested Polkies?

Also note that the pair of speaker cables will be 12 foot, not 15 and I'm pretty sure jumpers will be included.

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Sweet!!
  • BlueFox
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Any possibility to get 3 speaker cables for the L/R front and C in a HT?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There are 3 speakers cables as noted in my first post. Two 12 foot and one 10 foot.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    edited February 2014
    Options
    How is this going? Any idea of a start date?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Good question. I was expecting things to be rolling by now, so I'll check on it.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Update: The cables have arrived and the demo will be kicking off shortly.......err, that is as soon as I finish listening to them........oops, I mean burning them in for you guys.....I don't know, might take a few more weeks 'cause you know I want to make sure they are good and burned in.....LOL

I am seriously enjoying these cables and think ya'll are in for a treat. I strongly encourage anyone that previously demo'd the Shotgun's to give these a try.

Edit: Forgot to say, yes there are jumpers. Fixed bananas at one end and fixed spades at the other.

President of Club Polk

• xsmi
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the update Jesse! I'm really looking forward to getting my ears on these!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey, Jesse. At this point in my audio journey, I am ready to check these out. 2 channel only but "it" happens. Please place me on the list for whenever. Good or bad, an honest evaluation will happen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Jes - unless I have formatting issue with my pc, the participant list above is blank. Did you publish that yet? Now that the demo is about to begin after your "burn in" time, yea right, just want to know where I am on the list. Looking forward to getting my ears on these!!! Thanks again for the opportunity.
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yeah, it's blank because I haven't filled it in yet. I'll get there.

President of Club Polk