which way connecting a dac for best sound quality

starsternstarstern Posts: 7
edited January 2014 in Forum Testing Area
quality of the clocking is greatly associated with power supply and ground plane currents, not to mention internal em/rfi.:
,spdif cable ,
fire wire to usb,
halide design bridge ,
thunderbolt,
OR5,
MCRU linear power supply.

bottom line am not tech but just practical terms step by step ,how do i set up my dac to my laptop or CDP for up-most results in sound quality ?
Post edited by starstern on

Comments

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,163
    edited December 2013
    Attach the output of the CDP or laptop to the input of the DAC, and use a good cable.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • starsternstarstern Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Attach the output of the CDP or laptop to the input of the DAC, and use a good cable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/527442/optical-toslink-vs-usb-which-connection-is-better-to-connect-a-dac
    seems talking about having spdif metal halide design bridge as the best connection ??
  • polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,724
    edited December 2013
    What equipment are you using because there is no point in us recomending cables that may cost more than your dac. The best connection is a direct connection for theoretical purposes
  • starsternstarstern Posts: 7
    edited January 2014
    What equipment are you using because there is no point in us recomending cables that may cost more than your dac. The best connection is a direct connection for theoretical purposes

Toshiba high end laptop
    trheorem 720 dac amp
    aiwaq nsx 3900 dsp for speakers