Help on finding wall mounts for F/Xia6 surround speakers.

Megazine
Megazine Posts: 8
edited December 2013 in Speakers
Hey everyone,

I did some research on these forums but I couldn't seem to find which mounts work well with f/xia6 surround speakers. I know they have keyholes but I don't know a mount that would keep them in place without movement. I had previous wall mounts that hooked up with keyhole speakers but my speakers ended up pointing downward and not straight or upright. Anyone know any good brands that work well with these speakers? I'm also not interested in floor stands. Thanks again!
Post edited by Megazine on

Comments

• 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited December 2013
    movement? I have heard missiles, helicopters, jets & spacecraft coming out of my F/XiA6s; but have never seen them move. At ~ 15 lbs @, the keyhole mounting keeps them in place & upright. I just tried to "move" mine, they rock just slightly & the upper edge is slightly offf the wall; lower edge tight. I suppose that **** the upper screws a 1/4 turn might stop that.

"Use #10 panhead screw for wall stud (13a), use #10 wall anchors with appropriate weight rating + screw for no wall stud (13b). Leave screws 1/4"- 1/ 8"(4mm) exposed."

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manual/RTi_CSiA6_A4_FXiA6_A4_MN.pdf
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited December 2013
    I used a couple of those picture hanging heavy duty 40-50 lbs drywall screws ..works great.
    Also, Z-Mount , Z-Hanger could be used if one did not want to use the built in mount
    http://www.amazon.com/Hangman-Products-6-Inch-Z-Hanger-Aluminum/dp/B002NEFF7O/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386083259&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Monarch+Z+Clips
    http://www.monarchmetal.com/products/monarch-z-clip/

IMO, I don't see a need to use a second mount unless one is looking to angle the speaker....then you would need to remove the built in mount. Here are some HD ones:
    http://www.htd.com/Products/Wall-Mount-Speaker-Brackets
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2013
    WLDock wrote: »
    I used a couple of those picture hanging heavy duty 40-50 lbs drywall screws ..works great.[/url]

Agreed. My LSi F/x's are wallmounted into just the drywall with those and they hold them no problems. And each one of them is 24 lbs....

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Megazine
    Megazine Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    Thanks everyone! Endershadow your setup is very sexy. Where did you get those tubes to hide the speaker wires? I can barely see them. Looks to me that I will just mount them on the wall like you guys suggested. I also contacted Polk directly and I would like to share this info with you guys.

"We generally don't recommend any type of wall mounts for the FXiA line speakers because they have such a unique shape. They offer the keyhole slots on the back of the speakers, so you would essentially hang these up like a picture. Otherwise you might have to look at created some type of bookshelf mount or maybe even look at Btech mounts for these speakers."
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2013
    Megazine wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! EndersShadow your setup is very sexy. Where did you get those tubes to hide the speaker wires? I can barely see them.

Loews Hardware. They are cable chases/cable hiders... something along those lines. They also make ones for HDMI cables (see under the TV in the pics). Its been painted the wall color so you dont see it anymore.
    Megazine wrote: »
    "We generally don't recommend any type of wall mounts for the FXiA line speakers because they have such a unique shape. They offer the keyhole slots on the back of the speakers, so you would essentially hang these up like a picture. Otherwise you might have to look at created some type of bookshelf mount or maybe even look at Btech mounts for these speakers."

Yup, thats it. This is what they look like on the back.

If you wanted to do anything I would get some rubber feet (like you use with furniture on hardwood) to create a spacer on the back to keep it flush with the wall. The LSi F/X's have two of them (see pic below)

Attachment not found.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    edited December 2013
    I've been using omnimount 20.0 W mounts for my FXiA6's for about a year now without any issues.

They place the speakers a few inches off the walls and also provide a decent amount of "tilt" in all directions. I also use them for my RTi rear surrounds. I got the idea from a member here, and can post some pics later.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    edited December 2013
    So if you're interested, I have some images of my mounts. I have no idea why the image quality is so poor, I can't figure out the uploader for some reason:

The FXia6'S on the omnimounts

fxia6 mount.gif

A shot of the RTi's, mounted closely to the ceiling with the same mounts.
    IMG_0161.gif

Shot of the rear stage to give some perspective:
    IMG_0164.gif
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103