There is only one way to

gimpod
gimpod Posts: 1,793
edited November 2013 in The Clubhouse
Listen to Pink Floyd any Pink Floyd ...

LOUD!

I mean almost loud enough for the cops too be kicking in your door.:biggrin:

You may now continue doing whatever you were doing.

Peace, Love and ICBM's.

Yes the drugs are kicking in right about now.:confused::cry::cool:
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
Post edited by gimpod on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2013
    Sorry to hear your still on the juice, but glad its helping!

Now sit back and enjoy the show!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited November 2013
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited November 2013
    Yup agree loud is good
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited November 2013
    You ain't heard Pink Floyd until you have experienced it on F1nut's system. Yeah, you might have listened to it.....but you never "experienced" it. No drugs or alcohol needed.

Enjoy.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited November 2013
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You ain't heard Pink Floyd until you have experienced it on F1nut's system. Yeah, you might have listened to it.....but you never "experienced" it. No drugs or alcohol needed. Carry on.

Enjoy.

Tom

Live is even better, I know been there done that.:smile:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • treitz3
    edited November 2013
    Eh, got me there. *winks* Great band with some great tunes. Think I might just slide over and put some good ol' Floyd in rotation.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited November 2013
    Just got the 30th anniversary SACD edition last week and I listened to it Loud.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited November 2013
    You ain't heard Pink Floyd until you have experienced it on F1nut's system. Yeah, you might have listened to it.....but you never "experienced" it. No drugs or alcohol needed.

Enjoy.

Tom

LOL.......thank you, Tom.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited November 2013
    After the Packers pooped their pants on Sunday, I went in my new SDA room and listened to DSOTM in complete darkness. And yes...it was loud.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2013
    Is there a "bad" Pink Floyd album!? I don't think so.........
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited November 2013
    Saw them live "Animals tour" 1977. Milwaukee county stadium. Best concert of my life. All else pales in comparison. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    edited November 2013
    I'd opine that any level is fine when one is in the mood for Pink Floyd.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2013
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Saw them live "Animals tour" 1977. Milwaukee county stadium. Best concert of my life. All else pales in comparison. Peace. D

Saw them on 9/11/72 at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, their second set of the evening was every cut from DSOTM. We all looked at each other in amazement as we had never heard any of these songs before, the album had not been released yet.

Also, the most enjoyable concert of my time.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited November 2013

Enjoy.

Tom

Lucky ****:wink:
  • treitz3
    edited November 2013
    Perhaps. I have had the pleasure to hear many a system in my day, from the esoteric and rare to the norm. From High-end to low-end and from 3200 watts [home system] all the way down to 8 watts. From a meager system to systems worth well over a half million dollars and I can say without reservation, F1's system easily makes the top ten of all that I have ever heard and trust me when I say, "that statement doesn't come lightly".
    F1nut wrote:
    LOL.......thank you, Tom.

You're welcome. I'll give credit where credit is due and you have clearly earned it.

Tom
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited November 2013
    Well i know what the playlist shall be tonight.
    Just warming up the tubes and was thinking what direction to go.
    And yes,it will be loud.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited November 2013
    gimpod wrote: »
    Live is even better, I know been there done that.:smile:

Seen them twice, 2nd time about 18 years ago helped a buddy who had the contract to help set up and dismantle the stage so we got to go back stage just before the show ended.

Never met the guys but got to handle some of the equipment. The saying go big or go home applies to these guys.
    The speakers, cables, sets were unbelievable in size and weight, just helping with the cables was a work out.

Pick up a couple of picks and drum sticks but they weren't marked or personality but still pretty cool.

Oh and they played LOUD....

Cheers
    Roger