BF4, who has and what system

Options
jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited January 2014 in Video Games
Did anyone else take the plunge on BF4? If so, what system? I picked up the PC version on launch day. Haven't had much time to play, but tinkered with the single player story line some, and have run 1 multi match as well.

Very intuitive if you've played other BF games, and the only drawback for me is I think I might need to upgrade my video card a little.

Let me know if there are other PC players here and we can friend up on Origin.
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can you play co op split screen on your system? I'm not an online gamer so I look for games that 2 people can play in same room on a tv split screen. Seems like nowadays most games are only for online multiplayer. What war setting is BF4? WW2?
  • jflail2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That I'm not sure about. Not something the PC usually supports since it's usually just 1 KB and mouse in regards to controls. Genre is modern day, which is nice.

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have it on XBox 360 and will upgrade when I puck my XB One in a few weeks.

I can tell you from my Battlelog friends list that Face and PrazVT both have it on PC.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ps3 here and I'm loving it! I've only messed with the online so far, but I will certainly do the story mode. Two large thumbs up.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've got it on PC but haven't touched it yet, hopefully my Titan can handle it :mrgreen:
  • jflail2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've got it on PC but haven't touched it yet, hopefully my Titan can handle it :mrgreen:

Titan eh.........you **** (insert jealous emoticon here.)

I've got it on PC as well, but am running an old 560ti. Sounds like the memory on my card is the bottle neck (just 1gb), so I'm waiting on the R9's to drop in price some before I upgrade.

Look me up if you get on Assimilated. Gaming handle is "GlassPheasant".

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The new R9 cards look nice, and will be a better price to performance ratio than the Nvidia cards (unless Nvidia drops their pricing). The Nvidia cards are more 'premium' though in that they run cooler and quitter than the AMD cards. For me personally, that quitter and cooler nature of the Nvidia cards is worth the price premium, but you can get a better price out of AMD if you're willing to compromise on those.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just picked up a 7970 for a little under $300 a few weeks ago, runs like a dream on my i7. Now if they could fix the server side...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Grabbed it on PC…running Tri-SLI with 3 GTX780's. Runs 'pretty good'…and by that I mean 144fps pretty good.
  • jflail2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    bdaley6509 wrote: »
    Grabbed it on PC…running Tri-SLI with 3 GTX780's. Runs 'pretty good'…and by that I mean 144fps pretty good.

Good lord. What display(s) are you running? That's a whole lotta video card going on.

• Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Will probably grab it for the PC I'm running i7 2500-16G DDR-2 6970's in crossfire..
    Haven't upgraded in about 2 years should still run anything I throw at it at very decent frames..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2013
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Good lord. What display(s) are you running? That's a whole lotta video card going on.

Just a single Asus VG278 display that runs at 144hz. The results are so smooth. Almost feels like cheating.
  • jflail2
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Jhayman wrote: »
    Will probably grab it for the PC I'm running i7 2500-16G DDR-2 6970's in crossfire..
    Haven't upgraded in about 2 years should still run anything I throw at it at very decent frames..

We're running pretty much the same system, except for vid cards then. I realllllly need to grab an R9, but with Christmas coming and being house broke, that'll probably have to wait until February's bonus. Sigh.

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have a rental copy for Xbox One that may turn into a keeper.
  • mytime
    mytime Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The new R9 cards look nice, and will be a better price to performance ratio than the Nvidia cards (unless Nvidia drops their pricing). The Nvidia cards are more 'premium' though in that they run cooler and quitter than the AMD cards. For me personally, that quitter and cooler nature of the Nvidia cards is worth the price premium, but you can get a better price out of AMD if you're willing to compromise on those.

True on all counts. But I'm afraid that you would need dry ice to keep them cool. LOL Go Crossfire and you would get nuclear fission.
  • bthogan
    bthogan Posts: 151
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Haven't bought it yet, waiting for PC wrinkles to be ironed out...hoping an i5 @ 4.7ghz and two overclocked/overvolted MSI Lightning GTX 580s will get me through a few months' worth of play, at least. Can't upgrade for a bit.
    Marantz CD6004
    Adcom GFP-750
    McCormack DNA-1
    Polk LSi9s
    Signal Cable ICs
    Blue Jeans cables
  • Face
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It hasn't crashed on me since the last update.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zeros
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have still seen a few crashes after the patch on Xbox one, but nowhere near as many as before.
  • Ruiner13
    Ruiner13 Posts: 16
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This was the first thread that caught my eye after not being on here for a while... gamer here for sure.

I picked this up at the first midnight launch i've been too since Halo 3, I got it for the PC.

I'm running it on a gtx 680 and a 3770, it does a good job running it, not often do i see the frame rate drop and im often curious how much of it is lag at times because it stay consistently smooth in most matchups, but the goal right now is to grab another 680 off craigslist for cheap and run sli in another rig i have downstairs that isn't a miniITX mobo (and will let me sli two 680's), besides its connected to my polk surround system that will be getting a 505 sub upgrade this Christmas - so I owe it to my wife and neighbors to ring in the new year with life like rifle cracks and cannon fire from M1's and M320's... ect
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yesterday's PC patch really messed things up. Getting tons of lag/stuttering now and also hate the new death animation. Game played perfectly for me before this... Frustrating.
  • Face
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No lag or stuttering here.
  • evamodel00
    evamodel00 Posts: 11
    edited December 2013
    Options
    play it a lot.

I play it @ 1440p with 2x GTX 780 SLI but I had HUGE problems when I first started playing.

Tons of stuttering, lag, framerate issues. It was almost unplayable.

What fixed it is when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. CPU Parking is disabled by default in 8.1 and that caused huge issues for people.

You can manually turn it off in 7 but why not switch to 8. Even though I don't like the interface much, all games run better on it. The origianl crysis was so unoptimized i got like 10fps on 7, but like +120 on 8.1

Anyways, the new patch that was released a couple days ago did f*** everything up. Tons of flashing textures, non-existant textures, hopefully they will fix it soon!
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You can add me if you want. PM me for my Origin name.
    I play on the PC with eyefinity (5760x1080) on two XFX R9 290 video cards.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • GAMEPHRENIC GOD
    GAMEPHRENIC GOD Posts: 53
    edited December 2013
    Options
    BF4, Yes I have it...waited for the party update.

XBOXONE
  • bthogan
    bthogan Posts: 151
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Bought it, playing it with 2 overclocked, overvolted GTX 580s and a 2500K @ 4.6ghz...very impressed, very happily surprised with performance. Nice graphic improvement over BF3. 1920x1080 @120hz, all settings Ultra, 70-110 fps.
    Marantz CD6004
    Adcom GFP-750
    McCormack DNA-1
    Polk LSi9s
    Signal Cable ICs
    Blue Jeans cables
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'm running BF4 on my PC - 2 eVGA GTX770 SC 4GB cards in SLI, Core i7 970@ 4.2GHz (WC'd), playing @ 1900x1200. Aside from the various bugs we've been dealing with, the game has been pretty fun!

No lag / stuttering here either! And after moving the game to an SSD, load times are much better.

Only issue I'm seeing right now is that my MTAR loadout goes back to all accessories unloaded after each time I run the game. ie. if I exit out and join a different server, I have to go in and add everything back.
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited January 2014
    Options
    360 and RobD213
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Zeros wrote: »
    I have it on XBox 360 and will upgrade when I puck my XB One in a few weeks.

I can tell you from my Battlelog friends list that Face and PrazVT both have it on PC.

if youre still on 360, you should add me, i play with a couple guys from base, and some friends back stateside, just got my new best heeadshot at 757,9 somethin meters
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Zeros
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if youre still on 360, you should add me, i play with a couple guys from base, and some friends back stateside, just got my new best heeadshot at 757,9 somethin meters

I am on Xbox one now, but I will still send you a live friend request.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ok, thank you