Legacy Amplifiers

2»

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited August 2018
    lawdogg wrote: »

Ah, I see what you did, fantastic! Thanks! I suppose I'll just run this and see how it goes. I'm curious to learn more about these amps as I am not digging up too much online. It looks like yours has twice as many output transformers as mine, wow!

The InnerSound speakers were hybrid ESL's. Electrostat panels and transmission line bass module. Roger Sanders asked Coda to double the transistors with a larger toroidal to get 300WPC @ 8 Ohms. Then he had the 300WPC panel amp and the 300WPC bass amp.

The panel amp had the full 80,000uf capacitiance. The bass amp contained the active crossover which resulted in less room for caps. They only installed 20,000uf per channel in the bass amp. No room on board for other four caps.

I fixed that...lol

The Sanders amps had the boards higher and the big caps mounted under instead of on top like your amp.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *