Polkfest 2014...

Options
Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,712
OK, PF 2014, if nobody has dibs, I'll grab it. I will have plenty of room come October time frame next year because the basement will be finished. I have a good deal of space in the backyard as well and hopefully a patio in place by then.

I couldn't care less about most of my neighbors too. The cool ones will be coming for the party anyway.

I'm about 15 minutes outside of Philly with several hotels/motels within 5 miles. There are plenty of other things to do as well and Philly is actually a pretty popular tourist spot because of all the history and museums. So you can easily make a thing of it. I'm also less than 2 hours from HQ so anyone from that area *cough*Al*cough* want to come it's an easy trip. Also, if we have to go pick up George Grand, he's only about 15-20 minutes away.

I'd rather have it early autumn here because the weather is conducive to it. So if nobody is adverse I'll work out a plan for a date and we'll set it and start working towards it immediately.

I'd hate to see this die. Some of you are dickheads, some of you are cool but some of my best (and worst) times have been with people from here. There's no reason to stop and I don't need Polk Audio's help for this. I already have a couple volunteers from the forums, there's two more close by who will jump at the chance to help and even a couple local friends of mine can easily be pressed in to service as well.

Who's game?
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think we should keep it going. I was disappointed not to have been able to make the last 2.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sounds like a plan Jstas! Philly is a great location and it seems like there's a lot of polkies that live up in that part of the U.S. and others can fly into the area. I've never been to PolkFest, but I sure would like to make it to one sometime.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sounds good to me, John.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I should be in too.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sweet deal! I am glad to see someone stepping up to the plate for next year.

C'mon guys, let's keep this going...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Want to thank John for stepping up. Will give it my best shot. No one can ever predict the schedule this far in advance but at least you're within striking distance. Should be a very nice venue, I've visited Jstas once before and he was the perfect host. If there is anything that we can do, bring, etc. Don't hesitate to PM us!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I would be in as well. Seeing as how this would be right in my backyard, how could I pass.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm in.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Awesome John...

Would there be any objections to there being two PF's in 2014? One on the East Coast and one on the West Coast?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You let me know what you need...
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited October 2013
    Options
    if you are the host, it will be a fun party~~IN of course
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I will be retired - so if I am not destitute by then.. I'm up for it (if you all'd have me, IRL, as it were).
    You're talkin' Fall 2014, yes?
  • Jstas
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yes. Lou and I are waiting to see what the F1 schedule will be like.

We may have to do some dancing around dates if Bernie the Muppet decides to move the NJGP from June to some time around Austin which would be October. Although that'd be silly of him since the current date has it like 2 weeks after Montreal which is a mere 8 hours away for the teams.

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2013
    Options
    devani wrote: »
    if you are the host, it will be a fun party~~IN of course

aww yeah!! now it's a party
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I am in! Thanks John for hosting. I need to make a road trip up north anyway. I will plan a whole vacation around it.
  • Jstas
    edited October 2013
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    You let me know what you need...

My head examined, apparently.

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm good with this! It sounds like the making of a good time. John will be a great host. Thanks John!
    Carl

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2013
    Options
    you had me at "Some of you are dickheads" lol
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Jstas
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sorry there hasn't been a date set yet. We are looking at October but since Bernie can't make up his mind of the F1 schedule, we're waiting to see if/when the NJGP will be. Because if he moves it to the October timeframe, that's gonna affect a PF date 'cause screw you all, racecar.

But October works out best it seems and the weather here is quite nice for it.

So there will be a date set before the end of the year and it will be written in stone so you all can grab your vacation time and book hotel rooms and such way ahead of time.

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    We are looking at October but since Bernie can't make up his mind of the F1 schedule, we're waiting to see if/when the NJGP will be. Because if he moves it to the October timeframe, that's gonna affect a PF date 'cause screw you all, racecar.
    Don't hold your breath.I believe Bernietola already nixed NJ.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Awesome John...

Would there be any objections to there being two PF's in 2014? One on the East Coast and one on the West Coast?

I Wouldn't object as long as it's held real close to me. Has there ever been an official Pacific Northwest PF.?
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Jstas
    edited November 2013
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath.I believe Bernietola already nixed NJ.

I've heard he has the schedule spot reserved but it's not happening this year from F1 sources.

But local sources in NJ say hell yes it's happening. I just want to make sure that Bernie sticks it in June where it makes the most sense and not October where they were planning on putting it because of proximity to Austin, which doesn't make sense.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    I'm in.
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I'm good with this! It sounds like the making of a good time. John will be a great host. Thanks John!

Kewl! I'd like to visit the SRT Shrine again. .....;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Jstas
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No NJ on the schedule.

1. March 16 - Australia GP, Melbourne
    2. March 30 - Malaysia GP, Sepang
    3. April 6 - Bahrain GP, Sakhir
    4. April 20 - China GP, Shanghai
    5. May 11 - Spain GP, Barcelona
    6. May 25 - Monaco GP, Monaco
    7. June 8 - Canada GP, Montreal
    8. June 22 - Austria GP, Red Bull Ring
    9. July 6 - Britain GP, Silverstone
    10. July 20 - Germany GP, Hockenheim
    11. July 27 - Hungary GP, Hungaroring
    12. August 24 - Belgium GP, Spa-Francorchamps
    13. September 7 - Italy GP, Monza
    14. September 21 - Singapore GP, Marina Bay
    15. October 5- Japan GP, Suzuka
    16. October 12 - Russia, Sochi
    17. November 2 - USA, Circuit of the Americas
    18. November 9 - Brazil, Interlagos
    19. November 23 - Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina

Will have a date set for this by the end of the week.

Thank you for your patience.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OMG why is there sooooo much talk about this race BS. When you have a date, post it newbie host. D A M N. I'm shooting fireworks @ 100% now, blow up dolls in the streets, raccoons loose in the lower level and upper deckers in the toilets. You'll never forget this offer....EVER.

-m
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ... sort of sounds like you're channeling George Grand...
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    That crazy old man cemented himself in my soul circa 2003. I need an exorcist to get rid of him at this point.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    No NJ on the schedule.
    16. October 12 - Russia, Sochi
    Looks like young Bernie dropped NJ for Russian mob money.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2013
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    OMG why is there sooooo much talk about this race BS. When you have a date, post it newbie host. D A M N. I'm shooting fireworks @ 100% now, blow up dolls in the streets, raccoons loose in the lower level and upper deckers in the toilets. You'll never forget this offer....EVER.

-m

WTF are you on about?

Race BS because if the race was in October, screw PF.

But no race so I have to put up with the likes of you.

I'm gonna pants you in your sleep and duct tape you to the ceiling then hang Christmas balls and mistletoe from that sorry excuse you call a ****.

• dorokusai
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Bring it John....I'm gonna mock rape you, wrap you in a Polk banner and drop you off in Philly. OOOOOHHHH I can't wait to see you and tackle you like a useless punter.