"The worst night in Atlanta sports history"

Options
billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,216
edited October 2013 in The Clubhouse
AJC article title sums it up. So much for a Superbowl or World Series run this year.

The Braves had the best record in baseball for most of they year and they fall apart when it really counts. So typical.

The Falcons have their worst starting record since that pathetic year with the Vick trial and Petrino bailing on us.

Even the Hawks lost...in pre-season.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well you could have the biggest losing team in the last 10 yrs...Houston L-Astros

Hopefully we'll be back

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/houston-astros-worst-record-baseball-making-most-money-175023013.html
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • billbillw
    edited October 2013
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Well you could have the biggest losing team in the last 10 yrs...Houston L-Astros

Hopefully we'll be back

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/houston-astros-worst-record-baseball-making-most-money-175023013.html

But at least they are the most profitable ;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ugh... Terrible night. Not to mention the lack of sleep from staying awake so late to watch both those travesties. Things looked so good with the Bravos appearing to have jumped the Kershaw hurdle and heading back home for a fifth game. Call me crazy, but I really think Kimbrel should have been used for a six out save in that situation.

As for the Falcons... all injuries aside, they have no heart. Plain and simple. Even Gonzo sounds bitter and that's not his style. All that said, it could quite possibly get worse. That O-line is going to get our multi-year, multi-mil investment killed eventually.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Falcons,, pfffttt!!!! Been on that roller coaster before,, they have been likened as the "Clampett's" of pro football.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well george, to be fair, the old owners, the smith family, were rightfully ridiculed, and referred to as the clampetts.

When you go into the season with key players already hurt, lose many other key players in the first couple of games, you are doomed.

I dont think there are many pro players these days that have the heart of some of the old school players, but the team we are fielding would not recognize the team we were supposed to start every week.

Injurys are a part of football, but at this rate, even Bill Walsh could not coach many more wins.

But i bet he could game plan a few more successful plays at the goal line than coach smith has the last few years, embarrasing with the weapons they have had the past few years.

The frustration is understandable though, when a city has around 150 seasons between the 3 major sports, and one ring to show, well.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Options
    go plug in the sfl 1-- you're right,, I am too critical.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ya gotta plug it in?

no wonder its been sounding like sh.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ha! Mike's Smith's RedZone How-To-Guide:

1st and Goal - Hand ball to Jacquizz "Oompa Loompa" Rodgers. Loss of 1.
    2nd and Goal - Hand ball to Jacquizz "Must be at least 5'3" to get on this ride" Rodgers. Gain of 1.
    3rd and Goal - Throw ball thru three defenders up the middle and high to Gonzo. Pray.

Rinse and repeat.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Boo hoo, the Braves have been to the post season more times than not during my lifetime.
  • billbillw
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Boo hoo, the Braves have been to the post season more times than not during my lifetime.

Yes, but they have only managed 1 World Series win, and they haven't won a single post season series since 2001 (which coincidentally was the same as your Mariners). The Braves seem to do well in the regular season, but just can't rise to the occasion in the post-season.

Its the cumulative effect of the Braves loosing another post season series (against a team they beat 5-2 over the regular season), and the Falcons loosing at home against a rookie QB led Jets. There was talk of the Falcons being a contender for the Superbowl this year, but after a 1-5 start, and mounting injury losses, that seems like a distant memory.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bill hit the nail on the head. Yeah... the regular season success has been there in spades. But there really has been no historical parallel in any of the major sports to the Braves (and to a lesser extent... the Hawks and Falcons) sustained futility in the post-season. It's almost numbing. Not saying we would rather be cheering on the Kansas City Royals or Houston Astros, but being an Atlanta fan definitely has it's own, unique Circle of Hell assigned to it.