GTA V is out today!

Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
edited October 2013 in Video Games
Launch videos look great! I am in. Peace. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
Post edited by Dabutcher on

Comments

• ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited September 2013
    I watched every trailer... I played every GTA since GTA III... and now they screwed PC users AGAIN. Hopefully, PC version will come out together with PS4/new xbox versions for Christmas.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited September 2013
    Mine shows up tomorrow.....don't remember ordering it but then again, I don't remember getting married.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2013
    ViperZ wrote: »
    I watched every trailer... I played every GTA since GTA III... and now they screwed PC users AGAIN. Hopefully, PC version will come out together with PS4/new xbox versions for Christmas.
    Same here
  • Dabutcher
    edited September 2013
    Glitch in the Xbox version hints @ a PC version? Great graphics and story. I am lovin it. 10/10 Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2013
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Glitch in the Xbox version hints @ a PC version? Great graphics and story. I am lovin it. 10/10 Peace. D
    What glitch? Are you referring to low draw rate and texture pop ins? That happens only when you install the second "play" disc because all of the data is being pulled from a single, relatively slow, hard drive instead of two sources at once; the hard drive and the optical drive.

I been playing the s**t out of this game since I got it since I've been at home sick. Love it, It's probably GOTY material.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Dabutcher
    edited September 2013
    Sold 800 million copies the first day! Over a billion in two! Peace.
  • Nightfall
    edited September 2013
    A billion, eh? There's only 7 billion people in existence. I think your post is missing some dollar signs and has too many uses of the word copies.

• drummer86
    drummer86 Posts: 441
    edited September 2013

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/gta-5-sales-hit-1-billion-in-three-days

Pretty sure this is what he meant... A billion copies would be pretty impressive haha
    Display: LG 47" LCD | AVR: Marantz SR5005 | BD: Panasonic BDT-210 | CD/SACD: Oppo 980 |
    Amps: Rotel RB-990bx | Marantz MA-500 | Speakers: Totem Mite : Totem Mite-C : RC60i | Sub: HSU VTF-2 MKIV

HK AVR635 | Polk R30 | Sony DVD/SACD Player
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2013
    A buddy brought this to my house for the weekend as a house warming gift......

What he should have said was "I'm bringing you an awesome hangover and a sleepless Monday at work for your house warming gift, hope you like it!"

Holy hell. I feel like a pile of poo, but GTA5 awaits. This game gets a 10/10, without a doubt.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited September 2013
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What glitch? Are you referring to low draw rate and texture pop ins? That happens only when you install the second "play" disc because all of the data is being pulled from a single, relatively slow, hard drive instead of two sources at once; the hard drive and the optical drive.

I been playing the s**t out of this game since I got it since I've been at home sick. Love it, It's probably GOTY material.

I think Dabutcher is referring to this:

Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3 Code Hints at PC Release
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17586/article/grand-theft-auto-5-ps3-code-hints-at-pc-release/
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2013
    You guys are killing me. I'm almost dead set on waiting for the PS4 to pick this up, I need to go and trade in my ps3 soon. I figured I would pick bf4 and this up and be set for a good eight months...
  • Nightfall
    edited September 2013
    Finally finished the main story last night. The decision you have to make for the last mission is crazy!

• BrittonPatrick
    BrittonPatrick Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    I can't wait to get my hands on it..
  • Dabutcher
    edited September 2013
    Bought a second copy for my Cuz Friday when Toyz r Us had a 20% off sale. $50.31 in store pick up . Birthday present for him because I hate his Girlfriend!
  • BrittonPatrick
    BrittonPatrick Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    Bought a second copy for my Cuz Friday when Toyz r Us had a 20% off sale. $50.31 in store pick up . Birthday present for him because I hate his Girlfriend!
    You got yourself a good deal..it sells for $54.69 around me..i guess i am gonna have to buy it nevertheless.
  • domflane
    domflane Posts: 653
    edited September 2013
    I paid $60, but that's normal price for a new game. I love it though, easily the most fun you can have playing playstation!
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited October 2013
    Anybody playing this online yet? I played for about 7 hours last night. It was awesome. I have never played anything online like it before... I was apparently one of the lucky ones that was able to get on and not have any problems.

Nik
  • Nightfall
    edited October 2013
    Have not been able to get on...

Maybe they need a few more million dollars to fix it.

• nikolas812
    edited October 2013
    Couldn't get on last night. Said the cloud server was down. Once they get it ironed out, it will be great. I played for 7 hours the first night and it was by far the best online gaming format I had ever experienced.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited October 2013
    I'd heard rumors that the folks that were able to get online were having issues with story mode after playing online. So you may want to wait a few more days and let them iron whatever is going on out. Or it may already be ironed out.

I'm not touching online until I'm done with story mode, so I'm not worried about it, but FYI.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • nikolas812
    edited October 2013
    Except for yesterday. Everything has worked perfect for me.

Yesterday it said the cloud server was down or something? But Tuesday and Thursday have been flawless for the most part.

Nik
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited October 2013
    Just bought this game yesterday, was up till 3:30 playing it. It's awesome!
  • nikolas812
    edited October 2013
    Its fantastic.
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited October 2013
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    I'm almost dead set on waiting for the PS4 to pick this up

Me too. I got the 4 on pre order from gamestop with kill zone and watch dogs. I made up my mind I am not buying any more PS3 games. Now they just need to come out with a Red Dead Redemption II.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2013
    I'm hoping to get the PS4 too, just haven't made the pre order. Too bad the PS3 games won't play on the newer console.
  • enjoysport
    enjoysport Posts: 3
    edited October 2013