Wtb Csi40

dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited January 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I'm looking for another CSI40 with box hopefully in the price range of those found at CC lately. My area is sold-out any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2004
    I was just in Great Indoors tonight and they had a Csi40 for $249. Kinda weird that in their "redone" rooms, they put in old equipment......*shrug*
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dave shepard
    edited January 2004
    I have a guy on E-bay about a csi-40 he has just put up for sell and offered him $200 shipped and he replied $260. Would it be better to wait?

Thanks

Dave
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited January 2004
    Originally posted by dave shepard
    I have a guy on E-bay about a csi-40 he has just put up for sell and offered him $200 shipped and he replied $260. Would it be better to wait?

Thanks

Dave
    Hmm. never know. i almost waited too long to get mine from CC. now they dont have anymore and havent for bout a month. granted you can always get them from the web and pay shipping but what you have laid in your hands sounds like a good deal to me

Edit....FYI MSRP is 450.00ish
    Life without music would
  • aba4430
    aba4430 Posts: 80
    edited January 2004
    Dave,
    I have 2 CSi40's, brand new to sell. I bought 3 of these prior to Christmas from CC. I ran to Columbus, GA and picked up two and picked up a third one from Macon, GA. I was planning on replacing my RTi100's with a pair of CSi40's. However, based on some F/B here, decided against doing so. The 3rd one, is most likely going to be the center channel in my living room. However, if you wish to have one, you can have it for $250, including S&H&insurance. I am about to put these up on EBay where I have had wonderful experience, but just read your request and thought I would offer one to you. One thing though, since I had purchased these for my personal use, I cannot offer any warranties. However, the speaker is sealed so there should not be any problems. However, I will be happy to inspect these visually, as well as test it based on the buyers preference, prior to shipping. Let me know.
    Regards,
    aba4430
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited January 2004
    Where in Western PA are you?
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • dave shepard
    edited January 2004
    acdds you have PM...
  • dave shepard
    edited January 2004
    aba, I'll take it. Let me know how you would like me to get the funds to you (check, money order etc).

Thank you

Dave
  • aba4430
    edited January 2004
    Dave,
    We might be a tad late on this one - by 1 day only. Of the 2 CSi40's, I listed one on 1/4/03 on EBay. I was holding off on the other one, and finally put it up last night. The first one has been bid up quite a bit. The one last night with a buy-it-now price sold promptly. You can see details using the following link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070512665
    The one still on, can be seen via the following link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=3069904464
    Now, I have a 3rd one, which is still sealed, but I bought it for my 2nd room. Since my living room is not very large, a CSi40 may be a little overweight there. So I am communicating with PolkThug about his RM4600. The size of the 4600 is ideal for my living room and it also has the trilaminate tweeter that matches my RT55i's and AB755's perfectly. Hopefully, I will be able to get the 4600 from PolkThug. I will reserve the CSi40 (sealed) for you if I do not need it. Good luck.
    aba4430
  • dave shepard
    edited January 2004
    Thanks for the offer, I was hoping to get in on time but all is well none the less. If you do happen to want to let go of the other one please let me know, if I haven't got one by then I would appreciate you keeping me in mind. Congrats on the auction.

Thank you

Dave
  • aba4430
    edited January 2004
    Dave,
    I am getting the RM4600 from a listmember, and I still have my CSi40, if you are interested. Because it was being past 30 days since I bought the units, I opened the box just to check all was OK with the speaker. The unit is brand new. Let me know by next Friday - aba4430@bellsouth.net.
    Regards,
    aba
  • adman2134
    adman2134 Posts: 4
    edited January 2004
    aba4430,

I am really interested in the CSi40 you have. It is the only speaker I need to complete my system. My email is whitead3@hotmail.com . Send me an email, it will be easier to communicate. Thanks.

adman2134