Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,704
    kx18z3sftdt2.jpg
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,191
    Just back from store with a 12 of fine Oktoberfest myself. Get it while the getting's good.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,704
    chumlie wrote: »
    Just back from store with a 12 of fine Oktoberfest myself. Get it while the getting's good.

I agree love October fest brews pretty much all of the ones I've sampled.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,914
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    chumlie wrote: »

I agree love October fest brews pretty much all of the ones I've sampled.

Ya. I love the Marzen beers. My fav Oxtoberfest beer is Spaten, hands down.
  • MalbecMalbec Posts: 390
    Love the Spaten Oktoberfest. Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest is another must have.

• chumliechumlie Posts: 8,191
    Malbec wrote: »
    Love the Spaten Oktoberfest. Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest is another must have.

Hacker-Pschorr is my favorite. Wish I could find some.
    100 course lunch at The Federal Taphouse today. 100 beers on tap.

8tpf7eluqyru.jpg

• Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,568
    Best Octoberfest I had this season.

4cbtgq83ev4k.jpg
    Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Yamaha YST-SW160, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,408

Sierra Nevada, eh.
    That's quite interesting though it is a collaboration.
    Not a HUGE fan of Oktoberfest beers in general due to spices, yet i enjoy most Christmas beers. Go figure...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    The Oktoberfest beers have run their course. The good ones are gone although you can still find Spaten. The winters beers are one the shelves now and Anchor Xmas Ale should be out in a few weeks
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 4,859
    Really enjoying this one.

3oixy6s5yu2r.jpeg
    2 Channel
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold Cartridge
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500a
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    ^^^ Plus I’m spinning some Grateful Dead whilst drinking.

:)
    2 Channel

Nice...New Glarus Staghorn made the list at number 9. That brewery is less than an hour from here. They have a lot of good beers, the most popular being Spotted Cow. For some reason they don't want to expand distribution even though I'm pretty sure they just did a major brewery addition.
    2 Channel
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Most likely it'll only be available by the 4 pack in retail take out shops.
    I will look for it. Their breakfast stout is still one of my favorites.
    Re-read the article. It'll be available on draft and 750ml bottles. December 1st.
    $25 a pop is steep, but I've made dumber purchases ;)
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 1,661
    At that price I'll be bummed if it tastes lousy($$ wasted) or good(can't afford anymore).
    Yep, my name really is Bob
    If you've tried the Kentucky Bourbon Stout, this shouldn't disappoint.
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,033
    I have been liking the local fresh hop Pilsners. Pales and IPA's lately. You cannot beat fresh hop brewed beers, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    I have a confession to make and it pains me to admit this.

I have been on a 6 month journey to empty all beer out of my fridge to make way for "New Stock"...as of 5:30pm, yesterday afternoon, i.........i.........i ran out of beer :(

Kegerator is empty, and the only alcoholic beverage in my bar ridge is.....Zima, 2 of them :D

Pray for me...
    Somehow you survived from late yesterday afternoon until now so there is hope for you yet! But, situation is dire and must be corrected pronto!!!
    Just bottled up my 1st batch of home brew. Got 42 12 oz bottles and 6 pint bottles of a brown ale that I think is mid 5 abv. Now to wait another few weeks(if I can).
    What a terrible night to wait in line at Treehouse Brewery.
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg
    And this is all you get for $85..... :/
    bjimuh0ps3vz.jpg
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,675
    I could have sold you a a lot more green tea for the $$$
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,033
    edited November 10
    mrbiron wrote: »
    What a terrible night to wait in line at Treehouse Brewery.
    acjac2j6znnv.jpg

Was that a photograph of people waiting for the beer or the loo?

Edit: I forgot to include that I am drinking the first beer I've had in 3 nights, and it's my first 2017 Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. It's very good.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    Treehouse is only available for purchase at the brewery.
    On beeradvocate.com, a number of their beers are ranked in the top #100 in the country. I waited for 1.5 hours. It was 12 degrees with wind chill.

Yet another of life's stupid decisions...