Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Sami wrote: »
    A pretty straight forward recipe and with IBUs in the high teens/low twenties that is my kind of brew. I might actually give this a try on my next batch, it seems like a great summer beer.

Thanks @Sami

If you want to make it even simpler on the purchasing side then swap that Hallertau for another 0.2oz of Citra. This way the whole bill will come down to 5lbs of wheat extract & 1oz of Citra. Then just use the yeast from your next batch of the blonde. I have not bought any yeast in a long long time as I just take a starter into a glass jar from the old batches when I keg them. I don't really brew any beers that are picky for the type of yeast.

Yeah I used Safale 05 so I shouldn't have an issue with a little bit of yeast activator in that Citra Wheat. I'm honestly going to go pick up the ingredients for that brew today XD!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited April 2017
    Options
    1p8edihkny0p.jpg

Picked these up today. They're a once a year release on 4-20.

https://lagunitas.com/beers/waldos
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    @Stew How is that Lagunitas? I've never seen it before.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    andrew82 wrote: »
    @Stew How is that Lagunitas? I've never seen it before.

The Lagunitas beers are usually pretty good across the board. Founders also has a great line of beers ....with both you usually can't go wrong with any choice...IMHO
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Excellent! Look at their website or google the Waldos and you'll have an idea of the flavor profile they were aiming for - and why it's released on April 20. They succeeded! It's delicious and 11.9 abv.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    foctavxsqok8.jpg

Slingshot Dunkel Backpocket Brewing Coralville Iowa good stuff.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I picked up a box of sample beers from "Breckenridge brewery" the Salt-Caramel Brown ale was very good as was the Vanilla Porter, but they had this mango junk in there that I did not like at all LOL.

I hate fruit beer I guess :(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Voltz....the Vanilla Porter is delicious. Savor that sucker.

I found this at the back of my "shelf aging" stash right after a couple black and tans.

jdx7abt187ys.jpg

The wife wasn't happy with my decision to drink the whole thing at dinner. It helped pave the way for my glossy eyes...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I have never been a huge IPA fan as I like light Lagers but prefer Dark Ales. if that makes sense. but their IPA isn't bad at all either.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    Options
    m43a3x4i9t8h.jpg
    I've been choking this one down for a while...just not a fan of Bourbon Aged beers. Don't know why I bought it. Maybe I had a placebo based on price alone?
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    m43a3x4i9t8h.jpg
    I've been choking this one down for a while...just not a fan of Bourbon Aged beers. Don't know why I bought it. Maybe I had a placebo based on price alone?

My buddy (liquor manager) is bringing in bourbon aged in beer barrels!

I'll let you know if that's any better. Lol.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Have fun....just not for me.
    The Dark Truth that I'm drinking now is more palatable. It's also my last stout (beside guinness) for the spring/summer. They will be missed :'(
  • mrbiron
    Options
    fwqurz6a3bnh.jpg
    This is also the last of my shelved beer from the beginning of winter. Out with the old, in with the new!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    6q1zv39bi1ef.jpg

From the Amish Community of Amana Iowa, and the Millstream Brewery - Back Road Stout, Oatmeal Stout.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    tqzq69tdz0il.jpg
    In one simple one....awesome!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    In one simple one....awesome!
    Fred is buzzin'!
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Yup!... *hickup*

I've had fun today. 4 hours without wife and daughters. Amazing sums it up.

Beer + tunes = happy Mark
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    Part of the proceeds go to water conservation.

axmcpipcoy8v.jpg
  • Malbec
    Options
    Victory Brewing in Parkesburg Pa.

yvdoihdrcjow.jpg
    rh16i04ygx2j.jpg
    uwwtqx2pkka3.jpg
  • Malbec
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Don't close the season on Stouts, this one is pretty buzz worthy.
    umeqd1a7ocsp.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I will close out the season after LSAF :)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    @Malbec I'm envious of your visit to Victory, one of my favorite breweries. Their facility looks incredible.

Also, Dragons Milk is a fantastic beer. I pick a couple up from Total Wines every time I go. A bar near my apartment also has it on tap at happy hours for $4.50/glass; I never pass up an opportunity to grab that deal.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options

Yeah I used Safale 05 so I shouldn't have an issue with a little bit of yeast activator in that Citra Wheat. I'm honestly going to go pick up the ingredients for that brew today XD!

Did you end up making this brew?

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Been in Dallas for 15 minutes and already picked up a blonde

• Malbec
    Options
    Let's see her!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    :)
    bgunmk750jkb.jpg

• Malbec
    Options
    Andrew, on my travels, if I'm within two hours+ from a brewery large or small, I make it a point to visit. My favorite so far is Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY.
    Wicked Weed in Asheville N.C. is another must imbibe place to get your gullet soaked!
  • Malbec
    Options
    Ron! both hands on the steering wheel! Ten and two position.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Yes sir

• Malbec
    Options
    Are you partial to blondes?? How is the rest of the line up from Deep Ellum?