Porsche Siting

Options
mark090852
mark090852 Posts: 996
edited July 2013 in The Clubhouse
I thought some of you might enjoy seeing this and find this interesting. I was on vacation last week in Colorado and we were up at the summit of Mount Evans a couple of times at 14,265 ft in elevation. One day there was a caravan of Porsches parked up there. Three of them were 2014 Porsche 918 Spyders. I spoke with one of the Porsche engineers/drivers and he said they were in Colorado for high altitude testing. The sticker price on those things is just under $1,000,000! Here is a poor quality photo I quickly took with my phone as they drove away.

porsche.JPG
McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
Post edited by mark090852 on

Comments

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What a job, test driving Porsches in the Rockies.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That pic is awesome. I have not yet seen one in person, but I suspect soon enough, given that this is the Land of Shakes and Flakes.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited July 2013
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    What a job, test driving Porsches in the Rockies.

I know. Really sucks doesn't it?!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2013
    Options
    14,265 ft in elevation

:eek:

I have been to 12,900 ft, in the Routt National Forest near Steamboat Springs, and that was unreal.
    I got drunk off 1 shot of whiskey, and giggled as I damn near killed myself skiing back down.:lol:

Beautiful car, if I had John's money I would order one!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Maybe my wife can get up close and personal with one. All you boys down south are going to have an influx of Porsche cars and people. The wife is moving their corporate HQ from here to Atlanta. The new HQ will have a track going threw the building and a Porsche logo that shines into the clouds like the Bat signal. Should be awesome. Some of you guys looking for a job down there should also apply now, they will be hiring and they are a decent company to work for.

Btw- if you had John's money maybe you could get the steering wheel.....maybe. If you want the rest of the car you need F1nut's money.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just the battery charger costs more than a lot of people spend on their entire car.

Around 28K
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Btw- if you had John's money maybe you could get the steering wheel.....maybe. If you want the rest of the car you need F1nut's money.

If I had Jesse's money, I would have a Bentley Continental GT, 4 wheel drive with a 12" lift kit JUST for my hunting rig!:cheesygrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

HA! Now I need to clean Diet MD off my monitor...

In other news I need sleep as for the past day and a half I have read this thread's title as "Porsche sitting" as in "baby-sitting".....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That pic is awesome. I have not yet seen one in person, but I suspect soon enough, given that this is the Land of Shakes and Flakes.

Shakes and Flakes, as in people that spend enormous amounts of money on cars?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A hybrid supercar should do great with altitute testing as less of its power requires atmosphere, compared to its competition.