ROTEL RB 1090 Power Amp

Options
dhart86
dhart86 Posts: 1,594
edited June 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
An amplifier producing nearly 400Wpc, weighing close to 100 lbs...from Rotel, It is in great cosmetic condition 8/10
and works flawlessly with out issue. This comes with the original Rotel package double boxed. I stagged a Rogue Audio stereo 90 to go with my Rogue 99 magnum pre. I love this combination and tubes all the way for me.

The Rotel however, is a beast SS amp. Stereophile remarks that it's like the RB991 on steriods. It's a great SS amp, but I fell in love with tubes so it will see very little action here. Therefore new home can benefit.

I'd prefer a local sale because it's almost 100 lbs. I will ship but the buyer will bear the shipping cost.
Pics posted later. Asking $950 plus shipping
Main Rig:
Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

Post edited by dhart86 on

Comments

• dhart86
    edited June 2013
    Options
    you guys are missing out on a great amp!!!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• lanchile
    lanchile Posts: 560
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think if you post some pictures of it, it will tell more than words! Good luck with your sale.
    Make it simple...Make it better!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wow, 400 wpc, I'm guessing at 8 ohms? Does it have a 4 ohm rating? That thing is a beast of an amp. I hope someone local will snatch this up quickly, GLWTS!!! OMG, just saw this amp has a 700 wpc 4 ohm rating:cheesygrin: And can drive down to 2 ohm ratings? Talk about a freaking beast of an amp!:mrgreen:
  • dhart86
    edited June 2013
    Options
    rotel_rb_1090.jpg
    585346-rotel_rb_1090.jpg
    585348-rotel_rb_1090.jpg

Just listed on another sight....Polk members however get a slightly better deal
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,376
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kewl amp! Good luck with the sale! Here is an ebay ad I used in the event you need/want to go that route.:cheesygrin:

Direct link for larger image hosted by club polk.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28200&stc=1&d=1192306128
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You may want to hold on to that amp to keep the house anchored down for when that next hurricane swings up your way.

A beast for sure, good luck with the sale.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,177
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That is a good deal - it is less that $10 per lb.

Seriously, though, Rotel makes great amps and that is a super amp at a good price.

GLWS.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Did you sell that thing yet?

I do know SDA's need some good power and find it odd a Polkie has not bought it yet. WTF!!! Here is a awesome amp more than perfect and?????????????????????
  • dhart86
    edited June 2013
    Options
    NJPOLKER wrote: »
    Did you sell that thing yet?

I do know SDA's need some good power and find it odd a Polkie has not bought it yet. WTF!!! Here is a awesome amp more than perfect and?????????????????????

NJPOLKER...I dont believe this amp is still available either.
    If I have to hang onto it, I wont be too upset! I would just have to split time with the Rogue 90
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• dhart86
    edited June 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Probably not the place, but how do you like the rogue? Their amps were on the top of my list until I pulled the trigger on the shuguangs.

I love the Rogue 99 / 90 combo. The only reason for me to sell the Rotel RB 1090 as it is a real powerful amp. But I just start to grin when I hear my music through the Rogue combo. I did put the Shuguang Treasure KT-88 in the amp (going thru the burn in process) The bass is pretty good in the Rogue w/ the Black Treasures. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't fit the Black Treasure cv-181-z (6sn7) tubes in the amp.

But for me.......it's now "TUBES ALL DAY!"
    Main Rig:

Second Rig: